Anything Else I Should Get?

So I am finally going to order my parts from CSS for my conversion.  Besides the basic parts I need to order (trigger kit, lower hand guard retainer bracket, bullet guide), is there anything else you guys would recommend?  For example, parts I could be forgetting or better yet parts that would increase rifle performance.  For what it is worth, I am going to make the rifle into more of a traditional Ak with wood furniture.

Which lower hand guard retainer would you recommend?

Thanks in advance

If youre going w traditional ak handguards youll need a 74 gas tube for the upper handguard. Aside from that, a stock and pistol grip and you should be good to go till you wanna thread the barrel and add a brake :)

From what I have read, it seems that you can use a pipe cutter to cut the muzzle shroud loose from the FSB and then thread the barrel underneath.  Besides aesthetics and the ability to have a bayonet mount, is there any reason to change the FSB in its entirety, instead of cutting the shroud lose from it?

Each method has its +s and -s. Some people prefer to thread the barrel itself concentric to the bore to allow better use of suppressors. Some prefer the threaded front sight block for overall correctness to original design. Those people also tend to replace the gas block as well to make the front end conversion to ak-100 series design complete. There are suppressors out there that will work on the threaded fsb but alot of people see it as a gamble with baffle strikes and messing up the suppressor. Really up to ya how much you wanna spend and what your intention is with the rifle.

The Saiga-AK pin-on retainers are awesome.

What exactly is a pin on retainer.  Sorry for my ignorance.

AMMO!!!!

...all that you can afford.

Working on it.  Gotta feed the other ones too.  Of course talking about my other guns, not kids. 

You will also need a Threading die in 14x1 LH and a threading guide and a crush washer from CSS. You can cut off 9/16 of the barrel cap with a small tubing cutting. Just make sure the tube cutter is all metal as the plastic ones will fail as I found out.

CSS gives member here a 10%  discount if you enter CSS in cupon box when checking out !

Edited by SaigaFL