Ideas? Suggestions? Tell us what you think about this forum!!&

Those are excellent ideas. However, my suggestion is to support the vendors that already meet your expectations and already show an interest in truly being a part of the community. It took me a while to realize it, but many simply lack the desire to do it or they would be doing it already. Others may just not have time for it. I can tell you that it will probably not change, no matter what system is implemented. Sad but true. Forum advertising is an excellent resource for very targeted advertising and I find it puzzling that all vendors do not find a way take full advantage of it. The exact customers they want to reach are right here. If my pool company had an advertising venue like this we would be all over it.

• Like 1
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was active on a large scale RC forum and we implemented a STFU button to go along with the like button.  This forum reminds me a lot of that forum.     That said...   I'd like an STFU button. I'

Move the politics out of the basement.   All the above are excellent suggestions.

I think this forum fucking rocks. It's about Saiga and all the fucking people who love them. You end up with a lot of fucking good conversations and even better people. Did I mention you can type fuck

Posted Images

Those are excellent ideas. However, my suggestion is to support the vendors that already meet your expectations and already show an interest in truly being a part of the community. It took me a while to realize it, but many simply lack the desire to do it or they would be doing it already. Others may just not have time for it. I can tell you that it will probably not change, no matter what system is implemented. Sad but true. Forum advertising is an excellent resource for very targeted advertising and I find it puzzling that all vendors do not find a way take full advantage of it. The exact customers they want to reach are right here. If my pool company had an advertising venue like this we would be all over it.

I'm not a business guy so I don't get it either... What I can say is that I ran advertising for Texas AK Designs (who did frequently post) in my signature for a year and they are no longer a member.. It must not work out for everyone...?

I'll tell you this right now, if I ever want something more than a $1k above ground wally world pool I'll be calling you and paying your travel expenses. Your work in pools exceeds or matches your work in shotguns (which is saying quite a bit).

edit; By expenses I mean gas, a 12 man WW2 tent, a queen air mattress, and all of the hot dogs (I can probably squeeze some brats in) and domestic you can eat. OH! and private range time. Then "for fun" in the evenings you can build me an SBS... ;)

Edited by Maxwelhse
  • Like 1

I don't think it all boils down to money... To continue to get way outside of the thread...

I'll say this flat out.. I consider Shannon (Cobra's Customs) and Tony (Tromix) to be friends and if they ever needed what I have for any reason, they're welcome to it. GREAT guys and great vendors. That's 2/3 of the only places I intend to shop for parts for these guns in the future.

I've never spent money directly with Tromix (bought a few name brand parts) or Cobra (never a business deal done period... but I really want to... I've got the feeling that Shannon would die before sending out inferior stuff and I'd trust him with anything), but both of those guys response to my emails or PMs is same day or less. For that matter, so does Texas AK Designs who is no longer a business member or active contributor.

Greg at CSS (who is not my friend... I don't have any ill will toward him at all. We've just never really kicked the bull... and he's the other 1/3 of my future buying.. he also don't really seem to market unique products that I'm aware of) raises customer service, in any industry, to an entirely new and absurd level. If I owned my own business I'd be serious about it, but not like Greg. His level of service is absolutely crazy and exceeds any reasonable expectation for a customer. The longest turn around I've had from CSS is about 6 hours, TOPS...

There are some other potential vendors that I would really like to see emerge as well. And obviously, vendors like CSSSPECS are totally online with helping us out.

So... Discontinue the derail or let it rip... Your post made me think of this post as not ALL vendors are just chasing cash... I know Cobra went through plenty of lean times (and is now too busy to even work on his namesake rides) and CSSSPECS tooled up a brand new mag for us based on hopes and dreams of it selling at considerable personal expense with no promises. Tony laid his nuts on the line many years ago and got burned plenty (try to by a Tromix AR lately? ask him why not).

We have a great vendor community that is as much in love with the guns as we are.

Edited by Maxwelhse