polishing the guide rails.

So I took some emery cloth to my guide rails and cleaned off all the paint. And holy crap what a difference even just cycling it by hand. Anyone else try this? Maybe this will be the drag reduction I need to cycle those walmart loads, since they are the only loads I cant.

I only had issues with one type of load the pesky walmart crap. My ports were drilled properly, just my gas block covered one so.I cleared that, pauly did my bolt and fcg, and now I did this. I need to drive to pa to get some of that crap ammo and try it.

I was gunna break out the dremel. But everytime i use the polishing wheel its sends lint all over the place. I wanna get some compound to and add that to make them slicker. For now they are coated in miltec

DANE AXE, on 11 May 2014 - 11:08 PM, said:

48B70A963EBB5B32213CCB4883FA0A5D2102C0.jSorry, I should have been more clear. this is what I use. A polishing disk. The greatest dremmel attachment ever.

\

Kind of looks like a cutting wheel.

When you talk of polishing the rails are you referring to the tops of the rails?

Yes and the side. I removed the fcg and attempted to.get the lower but not sure how it looks down there. I need to get a dental mirror to look.

I did accidently remove some finish off the inside of the receiver. I plan on having her cerakoted so ill jus tape off the are and have the guy hit there with a coating. Until then i will just use a blueijg pen and oil

DANE AXE, on 11 May 2014 - 11:08 PM, said:

48B70A963EBB5B32213CCB4883FA0A5D2102C0.jSorry, I should have been more clear. this is what I use. A polishing disk. The greatest dremmel attachment ever.

\

Kind of looks like a cutting wheel.

When you talk of polishing the rails are you referring to the tops of the rails?

I think this is the thing that is thicker than a cutting wheel and made of a rubbery material

• Like 1

Yes it is. Can be difficult to find. big box stores do not carry them. Most of the ones that I have used came from ace hardware. They are of a very, very fine grit. Leave a mirror finish. excellent for removing paint and lite rust.

Good to know about this