that would be the first time i had ever heard of anyone ever returning one actually...i have never heard of anyone who has..i have never had any real problems with mine , i love it , money well spent ...

Edited by Silverfox

stamped receivers should last you 10,000 rounds before it comes apart in your face.....buffer or not...i cant see why it was sent back. Is this a russian that has access to milled recievers? straight back recievers are very sought after pieces of hardware u know.........

Bvamp

Stamped recievers are STRONGER than milled,as a rule.The metal ia rolled into sheets witch lines the grain directionally. Any reputable manufacturer will line the grain longitudaly for maximum strength. In AK actions the chamber is in the barrell and weapon fires from locked bolt (the lugs on the bolt are engauged in the barrell) The reciever is is just a spacer between the barrell and the stock when the weapon fires. A 1mm stamped reciever is less accurate than a milled reciever simply because it is more flexible. !.5 mill recievers and recievers with reinforcing plates are more ridgid-therefore more accurate. Even a 1mm stamped reciever is going to be stronger than most milled recievers due to a constant sectional densitty (no sharp changes in thickness over length) this allows flex without forming stress cracks. This is why steel is rolled to make springs.Also milled recievers are one piece with the trunion (front part of reciever that the barrell attaches to) Barrells are usually pressed into trunions and threaded into milled recievers. This is why stamped recievers get less accurate as they get hotter. Still unless it is vulcan/hesse or other cheapo all of these are reliable as a good hammer and should last about that long.

G O B

Stamped and rolled is strong and all, but you still have to take into account the pins and welds holding it together. More force on smaller area == more stress == what i said before. In any way you want to look at it though, if you put 20,000 rounds out of a stamped gun, and 20,000 out of a milled gun, the milled gun will be in better condition, and probably wont need maintanance, and the stamped gun will be distorted. Its pretty simple. Stamped recievers are cheaper to make, easier to make, and can be repaired or modified by almost anyone without a milling machine. THAT is the benefit of stamped over milled. And thats it. Ever heard the stories of the Romainian AKs weld's coming apart? Its highly unlikely that anyone will have a major problem with thier AK type stamped reciever, but if one used both types of recievers in identical weapons for the same amount of rounds over an extended period of time, there will be play in the stamped reciever that wont be in the milled reciever. Im also willing to bet that if you took a stamped gun and clubbed someone in the head with the buttstock a few times, you could distort it as well. Not something I want to try, though. Stamped recievers is a fine way of getting around needing lots of material, wasted material, cost, and the need for well-trained machinists.