Who needs Ultimak?

Just a quick note to ya'll scince I am using a freinds computer. I have been using tapco's universal tri-rail barrel mount, turned it upside down, and attached my aimpoint to the top rail. it holds it's zero perfect and I can see my iron sights, plus it's only 25$!!!! The other two rails can still be used for whatever you want, Light/Laser, but the great thing is that if your Aimpoint goes out, you are not out of luck, just switch to your iron sights.

• 1 month later...
Just a quick note to ya'll scince I am using a freinds computer. I have been using tapco's universal tri-rail barrel mount, turned it upside down, and attached my aimpoint to the top rail. it holds it's zero perfect and I can see my iron sights, plus it's only 25$!!!! The other two rails can still be used for whatever you want, Light/Laser, but the great thing is that if your Aimpoint goes out, you are not out of luck, just switch to your iron sights.

This thread demands a picture!!!

Good post!!

I have a trirail for my lower HG and an ultimak vented gas tube/rail for my upper rail. I still swear by that ultimak. granted, there are other solutions out there, but Ive smoked the gun since having mine set up the way it is, and its still dead on. I hear the other ideas, but well, the ultimak is worth the bill i dropped on it....hands down

I think I misunderstood, do you mean you have a Ultimak on your Saiga 308? If so how did you do it, and which model did you buy? I would have bought one too, but Ultimak has told me on 3 differnt occasions that they have no model that will fit the Saiga 308, blackjack has also told me this.

no, its not on a 308. I am not sure if you could mill one to fit, as the clamps that attach it to the gun probably wont fit around a 308 barrel. I know the russian guns have more metal than is needed, so maybe a good machinist could cut down the mounting points on the barrel a little bit and make that work without being a hazard.

I am curious though, what do you use for a lower HG now that you turned yours upside down?

It points great, it took awhile to get use to the new look, but after a trip to the woods, and using it for target shooting I can't imagine why it took me so long to do it in the first place. I did the camo job also, just me and three cans of spray paint! I know thats not as cool as some of the new finnishes that are out there, but I don't mind...if it gets scrached up, I just buy a new can. Sorry about the pic quality still trying to figure out my camera.

It points great, it took awhile to get use to the new look, but after a trip to the woods, and using it for target shooting I can't imagine why it took me so long to do it in the first place. I did the camo job also, just me and three cans of spray paint! I know thats not as cool as some of the new finnishes that are out there, but I don't mind...if it gets scrached up, I just buy a new can. Sorry about the pic quality still trying to figure out my camera.

Was your flash on?