Full auto conversion

I don't think that is all there is to it. I had a trigger assembly where the disconnector would let the hammer slip by on occassion. The bolt would be closed but the trigger not set..so I imagine she slammed shut but not with enough pressure to fire the primer(the hammer rode the bolt to the closed position). It does make you curious how an original AK does function. I've seen some part sets and see there are a few extra components to make it full auto. I think if you eyeballed some of those part sets you would fiqure it out.

Edited by NedPepper

Sounds to me like you have a near mint barrel. Uh, 5mm is still a lot though. The reasons might be that your gun was not used very much before you got it, and well taken care of, to boot...also, I dont know that much about Enfields or the .303 chambering, but Id be willing to bet that they were made with the extra metal on them for durability. Another explanation would be deeper rifling than your average rifle. Either way, that sounds like you have a near-mint firearm, and Im guessing that its extremely accurate downrange.

maybe it can help you to understand:

http://digilander.libero.it/ak47web/ak_anim.gif

(it is a gif thaht is showing how a full auto works)

this one is for improve mechanism:

http://www.cross-conn.com/Saiga_Conversion/Step_2.htm

by the way, is it possible to make the saiga .410 full auto (or semi-auto)?

I am talking about this saiga: http://www.izhmash.ru/eng/product/saiga-410.shtml

Edited by allocine

Interesting stuff out there. I learned alot. Bolt carriers and rate reducers..slam firing and grease guns. I have no intention of turning my AK into a slam firing weapon but I did alittle testing myself. Wolf ammo has hard primers and my firing pin is very round. I server faithfully and I never went to Kansas and don't ever want to! :angel:

ASSASSIN:

here in the USA, to be even in possession of any sear, or other device that makes any firearm (whether you have one or not) fully automatic is a felonly. Fully automatic means any firearm that when you squeeze the trigger can fire multiple rounds per pull of the trigger. A crank type device or other device that allows you to basically bump fire your gun mechanically, but ALSO allows you to squeeze off just ONE shot without changing anything or tweaking anything IS however legal. A gatling type gun is legal because it manipulates the trigger each and every time a round is discharged. I only mention this because you should be careful (especially with your govt. being able to watch you legally on the internet), what you admit to doing on a public bulletin board, as you might run into problems in the future. I am guessing that you took a flathead screwdriver and jammed it up into the trigger to keep the disconnector back. This is no longer an innocent piece of metal, but I bet you can sure throw it away fast and noone is ever going to find it! In some guns this method will not work properly and will move the trigger FORCIBLY when the bolt slams back over the sear. You can break your finger like that. seriously....

BTW- I see you said the very same thing to yourself that I did when I noticed that on my AK. "it CANT POSSIBLY be that easy"

It is not illegal to own full auto parts for the AK, or M4 for that matter. The only part that is restricted in any way under current law is the drop in auto sear for the M4 rifles. These are transfered the same way any other class three weapon is, thru the atf. I went back to my dealers packet, the C3 dealers buying guide, and the lit from the ATF when I applied for my 02/07 SOTs and can find nothing restricting the sale of full auto conversion parts. I also could not find anything restricting them on the ATF web sight. If you have gotten a policy letter from the ATF stating other wise could you scan it and send it to my email addy. I have been out of the loop for the last year as I am deployed and all that.

That said, it is extremely stupid to own conversion parts if you own the same weapon that they go into. The ATF has successfully prosecuted people for owning both items under the conspiracy to commit a felony angle. Most C3 dealers will not stock the conversion parts foe the weapons as this has happened befor to other dealers. The only people that are safe in owning these items, or the drilling fixtures for the weapons are manufacturers.

Yes it is possible to convert these weapons. But they are not much fun to shoot since they have very limited capacity. Their application is also extremely limited, again based on their capacity and range.

With a little bit of tinkering and mechanical skill you can convert any semil automatic weapon to fire in the full auto mode. It is the nature of the design.

You know what sucks..and maybe this is the jist of my problem with me being born to this era..

New laws that govern everyone seems to be written and passed by the few. I have a better idea. Hows about..majority rules and enforces the law but no new laws are passed without a 75% majority! Maybe my god*** cardboard will be picked up by the trash man then.. and I won't hafta watch the parents of Columbine, on the nation news, working their memorial tribute for their loss against my belief to be..me..and be free to parent, provide, and protect my family the way I see fitting! I dislike what we have become. I vote we all move to Texas and start over! Remember the Alamo!!! :eek:

PvtPyle: are you sure about that? I was told by numerous people, all whom have large amounts of knowledge about gun laws that any sear or fire control group complete with or without the weapon it goes into IS most definately a crime here in the USA. But I have seen AK selectable fire control groups for sale with disclaimers out of utah as well....I have no clue, Im not chancing it though.

I looked again on the web, the the MGDB, and in the packet of info they sent me (including the latest "law" book) and cant find anything banning the ownership of the full auto parts, other than the DIAS, and registered sears for the H&K's of course. Nowhere does it say that the ownership of anything else, other than serialized conversion pieces is banned. I also cant find anything that specifically mentions the possession of ak F/A parts.

Many dealers use that as their standard answer because it is easier than explaining the complicated laws and the way the ATF determines wat is and what is not an MG. Try explaining that the hole, yes the actual HOLE on a G3 receiver to allow the use of a swing down trigger pack is a machine gun. They dont serialize it, or make you register it, but if you drill it and try to use the trigger pack from your registered G3 (that contains the serialized and registered sear in it) in another of your H&K's, you have just created an illegal MG and they will prosecute you for it. How the hell can they get away with it you ask.... They have more money, resources and time than you do and they will just keep hammering away at you until they break you, one way or another. So you can see how it is just easier to say that the posession of F/A parts is illegal across the board when in fact in most cases (barring that it is not a serialized and registered sear) it is not.