looking to buy Vepr-12

nope, mine ran perfect out of the box.  There is some members making replacement gas pucks but they are not available yet, but thats to solve the "over gased" problem some people say they think is a problem.

From what i understand the russians call it self regulating but its really just wide open, making buckshot and slugs kick more and be harder on the gun. You can also use heavier weight recoil springs to tune the gun to be less violent in operation, it uses a two piece recoil spring system and the front spring is the same as a 1911 recoil spring so it should be extremely easy to get a heavier spring and make it kick less and last longer. 

nope, mine ran perfect out of the box.  There is some members making replacement gas pucks but they are not available yet, but thats to solve the "over gased" problem some people say they think is a problem.

From what i understand the russians call it self regulating but its really just wide open, making buckshot and slugs kick more and be harder on the gun. You can also use heavier weight recoil springs to tune the gun to be less violent in operation, it uses a two piece recoil spring system and the front spring is the same as a 1911 recoil spring so it should be extremely easy to get a heavier spring and make it kick less and last longer.

Does the heavier spring have an affect on light loads (value pack short brass and steel)? 

And I hope by "last longer" you are not implying this gun has a life expectancy.

• 2 weeks later...