Tore apart the S20 after a dissapointing range session, will post later. Took out the blind plug, here's the brain fart question. you screw the plug back in all the way, then back off until it clicks in right? is this position 1 and what type of round do you use in #1? also back off until you hit the next click in and that is 2 correct? and a gain, magnums or not? thanx i'm really stupid this morning. gotta go to work.

My 410 & 20 are the opposite. When I crank them all the way in they almost go to #1, maybe 20 more degrees and they would click in. I then back out to #2. If I want #1 I go 180 more degrees.

#1 magnum, slugs, 3" stuff

#2 light stuff

Look at the chamfer & look at the # on the plug face.

#2 should line up with the chamfer...

What dinzag says...

All ya need to do is LOOK at the plug. As it is oriented like it is sitting in the gas tube... which number allows MORE GAS into the gas tube?

Whichever setting allows MORE GAS that is the setting for LIGHT LOADS

Whichever setting allows LESS GAS That is the setting for MAGNUM LOADS

That simple.

:smoke:

What dinzag says...

All ya need to do is LOOK at the plug. As it is oriented like it is sitting in the gas tube... which number allows MORE GAS into the gas tube?

That simple.

i need to get off the crack, i backed out the plug until the detent would not catch, then i screwed it in until it caught. what setting am i on?

Dude...

TAKE THE PLUG OUT AND LOOK AT IT!!!

If the angular portion will allow thew MOST GAS into the gun, with it oriented that way, see what number would be held in the plunger. Whichever number that is... ( lets say "2" for arguments sake, it may or may not be in your case!) THEN 2 will be the LIGHT LOAD setting!

THEN...

screw it all the way TIGHT... back it out to the FIRST CLICK... If your light load setting is there, meaning the NUMBER 2 is at the plunger... thats it... if its the OTHER number, meaning number "1"... then you are on the magnum setting...

I dont know how to make it ANY easier, other than to have you come over, so I can show you with it in my hands...

Dude...

TAKE THE PLUG OUT AND LOOK AT IT!!!

If the angular portion will allow thew MOST GAS into the gun, with it oriented that way, see what number would be held in the plunger. Whichever number that is... ( lets say "2" for arguments sake, it may or may not be in your case!) THEN 2 will be the LIGHT LOAD setting!

THEN...

screw it all the way TIGHT... back it out to the FIRST CLICK... If your light load setting is there, meaning the NUMBER 2 is at the plunger... thats it... if its the OTHER number, meaning number "1"... then you are on the magnum setting...

I dont know how to make it ANY easier, other than to have you come over, so I can show you with it in my hands...

Don't get snippy with me young man, my Tromix pointing thing just got mounted!!!! :haha:

i need to get off the crack, i backed out the plug until the detent would not catch, then i screwed it in until it caught. what setting am i on?

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

You must be on the "I dunno what I'm doing" setting! :lolol:

...also, FYI, the gun's on the "blow hot gas out the threads" setting.

;)

Edited by dinzag

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

You must be on the "I dunno what I'm doing" setting! :lolol:

...also, FYI, the gun's on the "blow hot gas out the threads" setting.

;)

HA!!!, I got it right, like I said my brain hurts..

Don't get snippy with me young man, my Tromix pointing thing just got mounted!!!!

ROFL....

SO... ya think you could actually GET CLOSE enough to USE IT?!?!?!? :lol::up: :up:

Man i tell you what, that thing is wicked pointy!! my 20 y/o daughter always likes to look at new toys and feighns (sp) interest, but when i said how would you like this stuck in your POS boyfriends chest and then someone pulls the trigger cause you cant get them off of it. your sick dad (physcology major) you have issues, i think the va needs to up your PTSD meds! i laughed my ass off! don't get offended by this, you gotta know someone's family humor! flipping each other the bird means i love you in our house!!

What dinzag says...

That simple.

It could be on one or two depending on how the threads engage the plug. The main thing to remember is to depress the detent pin and screw it in all thw way until it stops. Then back out until it locks in place. If this happens to be on one then that is your setting for magnum loads. (If you look at the back of the plug with it removed this should be the solid unbeveled side) if you want to shoot light loads you back off from fully seated to wherever the 2 locks in the first time. On some of mine if I tighten the plug all the way down it is within a click of half a click of one of the postions. This is close enough to work on that position due to the large size of the bevel. On my factory laser sight which has notches all the way around the plug, instead of just 2 at opposite postions, I can be a click or so off from center and it still works. Look at the holes in the top of the barrel inside the gas block. As long as they are all uncovered you are getting full gas power.

Well get a pic up already!!!

I'm actually waiting until my box comes with the kobra site before i post any pics, then i beleive the S20 will be complete (yeah right), my efforts and money then will go for an S12, unless this L1A1 comes home with me first. I just got a Mosin and an SKS on a trade so I gotta go fire them up this weekend, hopefully i'll have pics up by Friday.