post-33094-0-52459200-1415648519_thumb.jpg

Well,

After much thought I decided to keep a couple of Saiga's and sell off my VEPR's. Using the funds from one sale to take care of other projects and I bought a COLT 6920 with magpul stock with funds from the other. It seems odd to me that I can sell off a converted VEPR and buy a COLT 6920 and still have a few bucks left after the purchase. How the tables have turned.

Edited by liberty -r- death
  • Like 4

Great rifle, and will hold its value very well just in case you ever need to sell it. I am not an AK or AR guy, as I have both and believe both have their positives and negatives. The AR is just a beating to clean compared to the AK, IMHO.

Like I said, own several of both, and love both. Enjoy and congrats. You picked a great model.

Semper299,

I decided to get the Colt because I got a hell of a deal on one, and Colt never goes out of style. LOL  I think everyone here agrees the AK is far more simple and less time consuming to clean.

The thing that killed the re-emerging VEPR for me is Obama's sanctions. US companies will likely not pursue VEPR modification parts since we can't get them now, and what we have in the US is all we are likely to see for some time. That coupled with the fact that the slant receiver make them kinda tough to put other quality stocks on that look right on them.

The Saiga on the other hand still has a big following, and lots of parts mod options, A good number of unconverted guns are still out there waiting to be called up to the big leagues. So keeping the Saiga's just made more sense at this point.

I know a number of members have been considering or doing the same with their collections. I'll never get completely out of Russian rifles, but it was time to thin the herd a bit.

• Like 3

That's a fine rifle and probably the best AR for the money you could get. After seeing how inconsistent the norinco mak90 I fixed up shoots, I've been seriously considering selling it and getting another 6920 for the collection.