What makes them interesting is their history. 

After the terrorist attacks of Sep 11 the US government began using overseas contractors to supplement their military forces in various regions including Afghanistan and Iraq . These forces were often issued US supplied weapons including the DPMS AR15 and the AK47 Romanian WASR 762 x 39. We believe that these rifles were employed by a firm known as SOC USA doing US government security work ( http://www.soc-usa.com/ ) and possibly Ugandan defense contractors shown in the pictures below. The Rifles will show the Flavor of deployment on the battlefield. The guns have a slightly collectable niche for those who may want a conversation piece and good shooter. The Contractor guns are in Good Working order & will show wear on metal and wood surfaces & may need cleaning before usage . They will be rated Military Surplus in good condition and come with 1 -30 round mag, Mag type may vary. There are no special request on the rifles . Will show usage Character & have blemishes, dirt, minor rust, or chips & dents in wood stocks. There is no factory warranty offered on used firearms .

Lets see, I can get a new WASR that was made by the monkeys at Century for about 500 bucks locally or, I can buy a used beaten up one that was used by traitors with a third grade education in the sand box under the direction of one of the most laughed at private contracting firm. Um, I'll stick to real war trophies.

The contractor story is pretty fucking lame. These pieces of shit were given to their national guard police forces who were put out there like cannon fodder at the edges of green zones. These were not used by what you imagine as being a private contractor like Triple Canopy was. Hell, even the psycho sticks at BW had HK, colt and GLOCK, not some bottom barrel auto loaders.

I guess it tells a story. You could tell your buddies that this rifle was used by some poor dumb bastard that was paid 50 bucks a day to stand at checkpoints to discourage locals from blowing up their vehicles at key locations. They were purchased by a shady outfit of half ass, non military police officers at a discount and imported to the sand box, after a few years of neglect, they were taken from the locals who were now wanted dead and returned to america when the contracts ran out and the shady operations needed to liquidate their assets since their company was nothing more than fantasy for a few cops who wanted to make some huge money without ever stepping outside the green zone or fighting in the war going on around them.

Hardcore history. He who wins wars writes the history books.

• Like 2
  • 5 months later...

Lets see, I can get a new WASR that was made by the monkeys at Century for about 500 bucks locally or, I can buy a used beaten up one that was used by traitors with a third grade education in the sand box under the direction of one of the most laughed at private contracting firm. Um, I'll stick to real war trophies.

The contractor story is pretty fucking lame. These pieces of shit were given to their national guard police forces who were put out there like cannon fodder at the edges of green zones. These were not used by what you imagine as being a private contractor like Triple Canopy was. Hell, even the psycho sticks at BW had HK, colt and GLOCK, not some bottom barrel auto loaders.

I guess it tells a story. You could tell your buddies that this rifle was used by some poor dumb bastard that was paid 50 bucks a day to stand at checkpoints to discourage locals from blowing up their vehicles at key locations. They were purchased by a shady outfit of half ass, non military police officers at a discount and imported to the sand box, after a few years of neglect, they were taken from the locals who were now wanted dead and returned to america when the contracts ran out and the shady operations needed to liquidate their assets since their company was nothing more than fantasy for a few cops who wanted to make some huge money without ever stepping outside the green zone or fighting in the war going on around them.

Well when you put it like that I *almost* feel bad for ordering one yesterday.  tongue.png

I've been wanting a "traditional" looking AK for a while now and had planned on BFPUing it anyway.  The way I look at it, they saved me time and money doing it myself.

• Like 1

A few months ago there was a bunch of used AR's for sale, local shop had cases of them.

the contractor DPMS rifles were also sold off as surplus a while back. I read some buyers reviews. Some were like new, some were pretty beat up and looked like they saw real use.

IIRC we also sent Bushmaster AR-15 rifles to Georgia's army prior to Russian invasion in '08. Not even full auto. 

Yeah, I heard that the Iraqis really could not wrap their heads around "controlled bursts" at all. I guess its like the old jokes from the World Wars about us in comparison to the Germans and Brits. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I doubt these were every handled by locals.  I believe these were primarily issued to third country nationals like under contract security, i.e. the Ugandans guarding the gates, PX's  and chow halls of about every medium to large base in Iraq.  So they could have seen time just about anywhere in the country, but very unlikely to have ever been fired in anger... maybe just pointed in anger when you didn't show your I.D. fast enough.