Not a 92S, but have 2 92FS's, one, i ran about 150 rounds thru today, the other is a safe queen, wood grips and still NIB. I love the 92, load up some 124 gr a little warm, and it eats them like candy.

You got a VERY nice looking one, shoot it and enjoy.

• Like 1

I haven't had a chance to fire it yet but I did take it completely apart and gave it a good scrub down.

I have a question about the de-cocker. If I have a round chambered and press the de-cocker, is it going to fire off that round?

When you hit the de-cocker the hammer slams home so I'm wondering.

post-46572-0-05807900-1433090446_thumb.jpg

Edited by SHOTGUN MESSIAH

On the FS model, when you use the de-cocker, an interference bar slides over the back of the firing pin preventing a hammer strike.  Not sure about the S models.  

Correction, it's not a interference bar, it's a firing pin plunger in the safety mechanism that pivots out of the way.  The FS also has a firing pin block that allows the firing pin to move only when the trigger is pulled (a drop safety).

Edited by DLT

I forgot so I am asking. Is this the pistol that has the safety or decocker that is opposite from that of the 1911 platform? Or am I again confusing it with another model? HB

Picture shows it on the slide. Up to fire down for safe.

• Like 1

Thank you Mullet Man.  I did not look close enough at the two excellent pictures.  Bass ackwards from a 1911.  Beautiful piece, but I for one would quickly shoot myself in the leg.  Reversed safety/decocker controls from that of the 1911 platform.  Just me.  HB of CJ (old coot)