Title says it.  I will have you know I was dumped out of bed very early today, (OH DARK THIRTY) the longest day of the year here at 43N and 123W (kinda) and have been since subjected to practically every cool, neat, sweet, loving, kind, strange and fun endeavour a Father and Grand Dad can be experienced too.  WOW and WOW!!  Thank you all.  HB of CJ (old coot) smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png  Life is good.

• Like 7

Hopefully every father had a great day. I got a iPad, tattoo and a very awesome dinner (Prawns scampied and asparagus covered in butter and bacon).

My three kids all acknowledged that I am alive and one made it over for tattooing and dinner..

Also happy B-Day to sjgusmc21, I hope your day was awesome, yet uneventful.

I'll post the tat when on the real puter.

• Like 3

Happy Father's Day to all GOOD fathers.

Father's Day has always been somewhat of a mystery to me.  I grew up with a drunk step-father, never even knowing my biological father's name until I was 20.

I certainly don't wish either the drunk nor the sperm donor a happy day.  I don't wish them an unhappy day either.  They simply don't matter to me.

Probably because of my own childhood I chose never to have children.  So never having a father nor being a father, I honestly don't understand Father's Day.  I wish I did...

• Like 4

Probably because of my own childhood I chose never to have children.  So never having a father nor being a father, I honestly don't understand Father's Day.  I wish I did...

IMHO you shouldn't loose a moment's contemplation over it.  It's a Hallmark card made-up sort of holiday anyway.  Sounds to me like you're a wise man.... chosing not to breed.  After all, some folks shouldn't. wink.png

• Like 2

Well, I had a great Fathers Day.   My oldest girl (7) came bouncing into my computer room with a big hug and kiss and some home made cards and stories for me, and to wish me a happy birthday as well.  Then my 3 year old, did pretty much the same thing, just not quite as coherently as her big sister.  :)  So, all in all, my little angles made my day. 

• Like 3