Liberals want drug dealers released and the public disarmed...

ROFL Juarez is already here my friend. How do we now fix this is the question. Me personally, build a GITMO fence along the southern border. Give the Navy and Coast Gaurd free range practice at sea.

Maybe look at the laws we have and actually use them correctly.

Tough nut to crack given the current climate

• Like 1

ROFL Juarez is already here my friend. How do we now fix this is the question. Me personally, build a GITMO fence along the southern border. Give the Navy and Coast Gaurd free range practice at sea.

I live in New Mexico

I see it every day

Actually CLOSING the border would be a great help toward  solving a host of problems.

In the little town close to me, six heroin deaths last year that I know of.

A couple of those were people in their early 20s.

Recently saw a teenage girl with (meth bugs) scabs all over her arms and face.

Both the heroin and meth (shards) laboratory manufactured in mexico, come straight up I25 from mexico.

I hate the shit!!!!!

these dumb kids get into it never knowing what they are actually in for, way too young to resist the peer pressure.

And misled by people who advocate for drug legalization.

Several people were caught selling at the high school.

Not pot......By the way read the studies on what pot does in regards to brain development in children.

Trafficking in drugs is NOT a victim-less crime, pot included.

I would advocate the death penalty for trafficking hard drugs pharmaceuticals included  

Yep... but you miss the point completely

And drug users are a little different than drug traffickers.

The deaths attributable to prescription drugs are not the people who have real prescriptions for them.

They are the people that use or abuse them illegally

I get it  you like dope...fine

I dont make the laws, Im not the guy to complain to

I suggest you move to Juarez    

Actually I don't care for pot at all. I just recognize a gross injustice when I see it, and it bugs the hell out of me.  I know I'm such an idiot for giving a shit about the future of our nation.

Lets wrap this up really simple: Drug tracking across the border should never be legal.. but as current law stands it makes NO differentiation between the source . In reality growing your own is worse than buying it... what sort of message does that send?

Follow the money: Hemp oils, textiles, and medicines have been held back for years due to prohibition, because growing it here is illegal. Why is it illegal? Answer that... lies. propaganda... from whom? Industries that would have had competition from pot industry. Period.  We'd never have the black market kings and illegal traffickers if prohibition was never implemented.

That's it.

Why would I move to Mexico, when I can fight for my rights here? You really don't advocate anything other than control, with no benefit to anybody but the controller. Why.. I got nothing.

Yes illegal use of legal drugs causes deaths... that's where you missed the point again, or I failed to clearly convey mine:

You've got a controlled substance that you cannot control. It causes deaths. Lots and lots of deaths, directly and indirectly by it's use. You have no issues with this substance because you recognize that it's ABUSE of it that causes the greatest harm.

Now you have a prohibited substance that cannot directly cause harm... but indirectly as a result of laws that DO regulate it. You believe that people should be punished because of that.. and that will solve the problem.

You weren't grasping my point previously because when it's spelled out like this, the absurdity of prohibition is almost incomprehensible. 

*On a side note everybody who's offered constructive opinions, thanks. I understand not everybody is going to agree on everything.

I live in New Mexico

I see it every day

Actually CLOSING the border would be a great help toward  solving a host of problems.

In the little town close to me, six heroin deaths last year that I know of.

A couple of those were people in their early 20s.

Recently saw a teenage girl with (meth bugs) scabs all over her arms and face.

Both the heroin and meth (shards) laboratory manufactured in mexico, come straight up I25 from mexico.

I hate the shit!!!!!

these dumb kids get into it never knowing what they are actually in for, way too young to resist the peer pressure.

And misled by people who advocate for drug legalization.

Several people were caught selling at the high school.

Not pot......By the way read the studies on what pot does in regards to brain development in children.

Trafficking in drugs is NOT a victim-less crime, pot included.

I would advocate the death penalty for trafficking hard drugs pharmaceuticals included  

Gotta agree on border security 100%

A 2012 Texas DPS study revealed that 100% of human trafficking in border states directly or indirectly benefited cartels. Supporting open border is supporting slavery.

On your note about child development, yea kids shouldn't be allowed pot.. lets get this black market stomped out.

• Like 3

'On your note about child development, yea kids shouldn't be allowed pot.. lets get this black market stomped out.'

Great plan!!

​Lets start by imprisoning the traffickers 

So would you support repeal of marijuana possession and cultivation laws, as a method to stomp out international traffickers? 

'On your note about child development, yea kids shouldn't be allowed pot.. lets get this black market stomped out.'

Great plan!!

​Lets start by imprisoning the traffickers 

So would you support repeal of marijuana possession and cultivation laws, as a method to stomp out international traffickers? 

I would     if all revenues derived from it were used on border security, drug intervention and recovery programs.

Possession by minors would never be an option, harsh penalties for distribution to any minor.

hard drug trafficking would still be met with the harshest of penalties

Just for the record...legal pot in CO has not stopped illegal trafficking

Great plan!!

​Lets start by imprisoning the traffickers

I would if all revenues derived from it were used on border security, drug intervention and recovery programs.

Possession by minors would never be an option, harsh penalties for distribution to any minor.

hard drug trafficking would still be met with the harshest of penalties

Just for the record...legal pot in CO has not stopped illegal trafficking

Yea it's gonna have to be unilateral in order to make a difference. That's one issue we'll have to deal with at first is the undercutting of price by cartels. So yea border security would be paramount. And yes trafficking would have to be met with very harsh penalties.

People won't be as eager to risk life in prison for a third of the price...there will always be those who would cut their mothers throat for a nickel. No amount of prison time will dissuade those guys, but they're not your average criminal.

I think it would be wisest not to tax it any harsher than cigarettes or we're back to black market. ( already a cigarette black market because of that.)

Personally, if the money was there from pot revenue, I'd like to see it used to address other things.  Primarily, I'd refocus law enforcement resources into stopping human child trafficking (sex trade specifically), and child abuse in general.  My wife works with children that are victims of abuse.  Some of their stories would make most of us cry.  Sexual abuse of kids is a HUGE under-investigated and reported issue in this country.  It takes a special kind of sicko to abuse a young child.  Those fuckers should not be walking around the rest of humanity.  And for some odd reason, law enforcement is very uncomfortable dealing with this problem.  I can't tell you all the number of times my wife has had to step on toes to get something done because the LEO's don't want anything to do with that kind of case.

Edited by DLT

There is way too much Libertarian in this thread for some people. Think it blew their minds

Yea they read it as "liberal" and think "those commie fucks! "

This is why we can't have nice good leadership..only more corrupt fucks.

“There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” ~ Ayn Rand