Kinda funny but in a sick and twisted way

I take my sis in law to purchase her first handgun she is a sheeple but she is comin around her budget was 200 to 400 so I found her a Taurus PT 111 Gen 2 9mm  recommended by you guys looked at a Canik tp9 but it was to big [ hey she's  still gotta buy ammo ] it was like 250 and a 50.00 rebate . I am hauling her down the interstate to the gun shop and I ask her does she have anything on her record she says a speeding ticket 10 tears ago , I said I think you will be alright . We go in the store clerk gets her a gun to look at we show her how to rack the slide, drop the mag, how the key locks it , safety you get the idea . Here comes the good part  she feels out her 4473 and passes I tell the clerk that she is a first time buyer and is nervous , AND HE SAYS I AM GOING TO MESS WITH HER. He asks her maiden name and she tells him . HE LOOKS AT HER DEAD SERIOUS AND SAYS MAM I AM GOING TO HAVE TO DETAIN YOU , SHE STOOD THERE AND WENT FROM WHITE TO GHOST WHITE , I am trying to keep from falling in the floor laughing  and he looks at her about 1 minute later and said you passed I'm just kidding you , she was speechless , but she laughed about it later . I thought it was funny and thought I would share with you guys

Edited by THE NEW GUY
  • Like 9

I was at one of my LGS when a lady at the counter who was obviously buying her first gun hesitated at the drug use question.

The guy behind the counter didn't skip a beat. He reached down behind the counter and handed her a cup and said to go into the bathroom, they would need a sample. She stuttered something about marijuana in her youth and was visibly flustered till the guy smiled and told her he was just joking.

• Like 2

It is funny.  In the aforementioned way.  Probably something we would have fun setting up and staging at our local friendly class 3 full service gun shop where I have over the years spent way too much time and money.

But .. and here is the other shoe dropping, is it possible that young people today do not have enough life experience or knowledge regarding civil rights in America?  Us older coots smile and know it is all fake and staged.

The first time gun buyer apparently did not?  Strange.  But it is possible she knew all about her rights and stuff and just went along with the gag to let everybody have a good time?  Played into the fun?  I have done so.

However ... and here is where I get very serious, maybe that person did not know how the criminal judicial system works in the USA and was really freaked out?  Very sad if true.  What has happened to our schools?

More.  If so, then is this a good representative sampling of the mind set and education levels of ALL or MOST young people who have for whatever reason NOT been exposed to the Second Amendment?  Wow!!

If even somewhat true we have a lot of work to do.  Passing it all forward.

• Like 3