Is Buying a Turkish Gun Supporting Terrorism?

To me "the right" means "elected republican politicians" none of whom, especially ones currently trying to become president, say anything about repealing the Russian import ban. If they don't care enough about it to even potentially lie just to sound good do you think they'll care enough to overturn it when elected? 

You are substantially uninformed.

Also the ban has to do with russias aggression more than anything, not firearms politics per-say albeit many would disagree.

With putin pushing to rekindle the ussr , dont expect ANY intelligent person to lift sanctions  

I know why it was instituted, as I said in my first post, that its about Putin invading Ukraine. But ever if Putin was done away with and Russia was no longer a threat I don't think any president from Bernie Sanders to Mike Huckabee or any in between would be in a big rush to lift the ban. The government doesn't give up power willingly, it was a miracle the AWB was allowed to sunset and I really don't expect such miracles to occur again no matter who wins in november. 

So if someone was able to to tell you you could only eat corn not grown in Wisconsin that wouldn't be them asserting power over you? Its them acting like a parent taking things from you because they say you can't buy them anymore and further putting the populace into the mindset that "you can only have nice things because we allow you to have them". I really don't see any of these people with the possible exception of Rand Paul loosing the reins at all [and Rand would probably be too busy with other stuff to even look at that old EO]. They say "jump" and we go to jail if we don't, that is the very definition of "power".

I see freedom as being the center. If people want to support Putin with their money they should be free to. You want to piecemeal give away your right to vote with your wallet under the assumption that when the political class feel like you can be trusted to buy what you want they'll deign to give your choices back to you, but you call me naive. 

you are only missing the point by a few light years

Just to be clear you can STILL find and buy the guns you are talking about

So dont tell me they have been taken away from you, or a political class doesnt trust you with them.

No choices have been taken away from me...just a temporary impediment in the supply chain

PS  if you decide you want to support isis with your money do you think you should be free to do so?

The ban does not give anyone any power

And if Russia were to back off, come to the table under new leadership or not and play reasonable on the world stage.

sanctions would be lifted, it would be in everyone's best interest.

I dont see putin changing his KGB spots

Kerry is in negotiations with his Russian counterparts. They say the sanctions may be lifted this year, IF the cease fire agreement holds.

Even a blind hog finds some acorns! The sanctions seem to have worked - that and the drop in oil revenue have crippled Vlads finances to the point that he has changed his game plan. Look for a US/Russian agreement on Syria later this year.

Unfortunately, if you follow the money it's mostly true. As much as I'd like to buy a Turkish HK clone, and as someone who bought a Canik in the not so distant past, Turkey is a large ISIS supporter. I wish that entire part of the world could somehow just fall into the sea.

But we are out buying ISIS and thus reducing the availability of weapons in the region. Odds are the owners of the factories don't agree with the actions of their government, most business owners are not interested in getting themselves or their factories blown up.

I've often thought that the surplus market in the US likely saved tens of millions of lives by reducing the availability of cheap weapons to the middle east and africa.. Had the steel core 7.62x39 ban not happened, most of the conflicts in the last 20 years would have been limited by ammo shortages.

• Like 2