Wow dude that's a sweetie! Looks great.

I'm sitting on a kit just like that. Still trying to decide which receiver to buy. I'm not quite ready for a flat build yet. I'm thinking about the new Ewbanks receiver because you can get them with the holes already in them for an underfolder. What sucks is they are $100 and you can get their regular receiver for around $50. How hard can it be to cut out the holes in a pre hardened receiver?

Caspian, looks great! I wish we didn't have the 26" min length law in Michigan.

I like the dark HG's. :up: I'm not ready to tackle a flat yet either. Maybe one of

the "scored" flats so you don't need a jig...

I'm sitting on a kit just like that. Still trying to decide which receiver to buy. I'm not quite ready for a flat build yet. I'm thinking about the new Ewbanks receiver because you can get them with the holes already in them for an underfolder. What sucks is they are $100 and you can get their regular receiver for around $50. How hard can it be to cut out the holes in a pre hardened receiver?

Cobra, I have bought a few of those Ewbanks receivers and am happy with them. One we riveted and one was a pre-riveted assembly. As far as cutting the holes in the receiver, I believe they only heat-treat around the axis pins and rivet holes, not the entire receiver. Should be easy to hack.

i don't know anything about the Ewebanks receivers. I was forced to buy a receiver for my Yugo kit since they trunion bulges out. I coulda hacked a regular receiver to make it work, but i figured i'd rather it look good. anyway, i paid $114 for the DCI receiver. that about killed me since i'm used to $12 make-it-yourself flats.

I must say, thought, the DCI is a good receiver. it only took me an hour to put the damn thing together. going from a flat to gun is day and night different than going from a predrilled receiver to a gun. Starting from scratch takes an extra half day or so.

later

caspian

found this.

Mixed reviews on the Ewebanks receivers

Edited by Caspian

Probably very gratifying to do so as well... :smoke:

I had zip-zilch-zero problems with my two. No burrs, nothing. I'd buy one

again in a heartbeat. For $60 it's not worth the time to me unless I had

all the proper equipment. Maybe someday! Thanks for the link...

for $60, it's not worth my time either. plus i spent over $500 on equipment. BUT, i can use the tools on other projects and it's a helluva lot cheaper than therapy. i love going out in the garage with a pot of coffee (in the morning) or a few beers (at night) and hammering away on stuff.

I'm going to sell a grease gun parts kit to finance a big assed air compressor. i can do a lot better job on finishes with a bigrer blast cabinet/compressor.

Of course, once you're tooled up and have a fresh pot of coffee, the sky is the limit. BRING ON THE KITS!!!

post-1238-1140535716_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the link Caspian!

Some good info there. "I used the rear trunnion as a pattern to cut the underfolder holes and it works fine! I have 5 hours in this build start to finish!"

Hell yeah! That's what I wanted to hear!

I see Scott from DPH at all the shows and he says he can't keep them in stock. The older ones did have some problems but the new ones are the shiznit.

That is interesting about Joeken and their relation to the Ewbanks rec.s. I have heard nothing but bad about Joeken in the past.

"Joeken" Hmm they must be jokin', lol!

you know, i really wish that i was that skilled to build one, i would make a pistol (see other crazy posts!) i am really great with wood and have a side job that keeps me in ammo. i have all the tools, except the specific jigs, etc. maybe i should take a metal class (HEAVY!!!!) looks fantastic though!!!