Did You Really Think Obama Would Let Us Have the 1911's?

Did you really think Obama would let us have the milsurp 1911's?

That he signed that law without a caveat in place?

Well it may very well be that he is laughing hard right now.

Check this out and you tell me how you read it.

The 2017 NDAA passed the Senate the other day.

Some people went looking for more information on the CMP 1911's we've been hoping to get.

To their horror, this language was found in the NDAA.

Melt everything at Anniston, including M1 carbines, 1911 pistols and ammunition, and prevent Navy firearms/ammo from being sold through the CMP.

This bill passed the Senate today, so start calling your Congress critters so this language can be removed in reconciliation.

How did this get past the NRA?

SEC. 331. REPURPOSING AND REUSE OF SURPLUS MILITARY FIREARMS.

(a) Army Transfers.—
(1) REQUIRED TRANSFER.—Not later than 90 days after the date of the enactment of this Act, and subject to paragraphs (3) and (4), the Secretary of the Army shall transfer to Rock Island Arsenal all excess firearms, related spare parts and components, small arms ammunition, and ammunition components currently stored at Defense Distribution Depot, Anniston, Alabama, that are no longer actively issued for military service.

(2) REPURPOSING AND REUSE.—The items specified for transfer under paragraph (1) shall be melted and repurposed for military use as determined by the Secretary of the Army, including—
(A) the re-forging of new firearms or their components; and
( b)force protection barriers and security bollards.

(3) TRANSFER FOR HISTORICAL PURPOSES.—Notwithstanding paragraphs (1) and (2), the Secretary may transfer up to 2,000 surplus caliber .45 M1911/M1911A1 pistols and 2,000 M–14 Rifles to a military museum for display and preservation.

(4) ITEMS EXEMPT FROM TRANSFER.—M–1 Garand and caliber .22 rimfire rifles are not subject to the transfer requirement under paragraph (1).

( b)Navy Transfers.—Section 40728 of title 36, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end the following new subsection:
“(i) Authorized Navy Transfers.—

“(1) IN GENERAL.—Notwithstanding subsections (a) and (b ), the Secretary of the Navy may transfer to the corporation, in accordance with the procedures prescribed in this subchapter, M–1 Garand and caliber .22 rimfire rifles held within the inventories of the United States Navy and the United States Marine Corps and stored at Defense Distribution Depot, Anniston, Alabama, or Naval Surface Warfare Center, Crane, Indiana, as of the date of the enactment of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2017.

“(2) USE AS MARKSMANSHIP TROPHIES.—The items specified for transfer under paragraph (1) shall be used as awards for competitors in marksmanship competitions held by the United States Marine Corps or the United States Navy and may not be resold.”

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-...&resultIndex=1

Edited by ChileRelleno

No I did not think bogart barry would "let us" have the 1911s.  It was never even a question. 

What I think is he's going to wait until the day after the election and unleash his pen, signing a barrage of executive infringements the likes of which have never been imagined this side of the iron curtain.

• Like 2

No I did not think bogart barry would "let us" have the 1911s.  It was never even a question. 

What I think is he's going to wait until the day after the election and unleash his pen, signing a barrage of executive infringements the likes of which have never been imagined this side of the iron curtain.

There is a stack of them on his desk.