Donor parts??

I figured out what I'm going to do for hand guards, FNC. But I'm still lamenting over a flash hider. I removed my front sight, surprisingly very easy, and think I'd like to find a gas block front sight, but don't know where to start looking for one that can be swapped, any ideas as to what will come close? And how about a gas tube?

My next idea would be to try this one for a SVD.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=44316615

Does any one know if it would come close, even if I had to turn down the end of my barrel it sure would look sporty. My next option is to weld a threaded adapter on my stock front sight, can anyone suggest one that they have used successfully?

• 2 weeks later...
I figured out what I'm going to do for hand guards, FNC. But I'm still lamenting over a flash hider. I removed my front sight, surprisingly very easy, and think I'd like to find a gas block front sight, but don't know where to start looking for one that can be swapped, any ideas as to what will come close? And how about a gas tube?

My next idea would be to try this one for a SVD.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=44316615

Does any one know if it would come close, even if I had to turn down the end of my barrel it sure would look sporty. My next option is to weld a threaded adapter on my stock front sight, can anyone suggest one that they have used successfully?

If you send your money to that MFer in the ad you're crazy. Check the feedback section for details.

Heh, the feed back is pretty much good. I have heard he takes forrrrrrever to ship some things, especially if its coming from mother Russia. Other than that he is high priced, but some of thst you can only get from him or Tantal

Heh, the feed back is pretty much good. I have heard he takes forrrrrrever to ship some things, especially if its coming from mother Russia. Other than that he is high priced, but some of thst you can only get from him or Tantal

I meant the feedback section of the Items For Sale forum here. He gets good feedback by tricking people into thinking they're getting their stuff and running out the feedback clock. One correction it's forever or never as in I never got my mag bodies. You might get your stuff but if you don't you won't because once he's got your money and you can't hurt his feedback rating on Gunbroker he is done with you. Go ahead and roll the dice if you want but you can't say you weren't warned.

I have three S-12 8 round mag springs and followers that cost $250 and every time that SOBs name comes up here you can bet I'm going to warn his next potential victim.

Edited by DaGroaner