Does it have a G under the handguard on top in front of the delta ring? If so, it is a Green Mountain barrel and, as I understand it, they are absent some of the usual makings like date, etc.. I suppose these barrels may be intended for the civilian market and not for Military contract, just a guess.

I'm asking on behalf of a friend who purchased the complete upper online, but is now concerned he may have been ripped off. He claims that there are no marks at all on the barrel, even under the handguards. Furthermore, the "h" on the front post is not in an oval like on the 6920's. I'm pretty suspicious at this point myself. This is a guy that really knows his ponies, but since so many things have changed in the last two years at Colt, he's not really sure about subcontracted parts.

If he bought it from a source with a fair degree of exposure online, he might just call them and ask a few questions about it. The explain technique works better than the complain technique. He might simplify it to that he is concerned that he may have been shipped the wrong upper as the barrel doesn't have the usual markings on it and work from that angle.

I say all of that assuming it did not come in a marked Colt box that it fit well in and does not have at least the G on top of the barrel near the delta ring under the handguard

If it had came from an individual, I have seen some shady stuff through the years and it would not surprise me if someone switched out the barrel assembly. Again, assuming the above.