I plan on adding the Russian Made skeleton stock to the S-20 that I ordered. I just want to make sure that it's not considered a pistol grip so I don't have to do any "Made in USA" additions to keep it legal.

This is the one I'm refering to:

2ndsaigapics%20068.JPG

In Michigan, we are not allowed to hunt with hi-capacity magazines so I can't fix my parts count with one. Besides, I've not seen any US made magazines for the S-20. Are there any available?

I plan on adding the Russian Made skeleton stock to the S-20 that I ordered. I just want to make sure that it's not considered a pistol grip so I don't have to do any "Made in USA" additions to keep it legal.

In Michigan, we are not allowed to hunt with hi-capacity magazines so I can't fix my parts count with one. Besides, I've not seen any US made magazines for the S-20. Are there any available?

Some Saigas are imported with that stock from the factory, so should not be an issue. I believe they consider that a "thumbhole" grip, not a pistol grip (mighty big thumbhole if you ask me). I passed up a .223 with that stock, should have taken it instead of the MonteCarlo.

I thought I saw some Surefire S-20 mags someplace, but I could be mistaken...

Edited by packmule75041
I just got mine in the mail yesterday..........Can't wait to swap out the stocks while waiting my turn for a conversion by Cadiz.......Gotta get my FFL to hand over the S-12......cant get hold of him yet :cryss:

I'm having a problem getting my FFL to fax it to Centerfire Systems so I can get my S-20! :cryss:

The way this whole stock was explained to me is that because the rifle/shotgun comes with this option, and it is one russian part replacing one russian part, there is no 922r issue here.

However, I am no lawyer, and I did get the BATFE office to put it in writing for me, and I would recommend that if you are worried you do the same.

Read at your own risk.

YMMV.

I also ordered this stock and received it Friday. Today went to the range. Absolutely different handling, love it!

As per the legal side, in the store they explained that ATF doesnt consider it a pistol grip because the grip doesnt qualify as "a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon" meaning that handle is attached to the butt of the receiver and when you grip it part of the hand is above the lower edge of receiver. Bottom line, ATF approved it as thumbhole and allowed to be imported in that configuration

Edited by BKLYN_C