E-TAC twisterpuc question

http://www.mississip...ston-p-888.html

with the twisterpuc which level are you supposed to use for low brass birdshot and the occasional high brass? and also if its something that is a must or not? thanks in advance

and also, has anyone ever ran one of these?

http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/saiga-12-aka-auto-gas-plug-black-p-1531.html

thanks

Edited by ezekiel86

Are you buying a puck so you can be 922r compliant? If so by all means... If you are buying a new puck for improvement save your money. The improvement that a puck makes is negligible at best and in many cases worse than stock. If you are looking to diversify the loads your gun will shoot look into a better gas plug or if you are satisfied leave that section alone. I am fine with my stock gas plug and puck but if I just had to buy one it would be the MD arms V-plug or it's predecessor the gunfixer plug. The best part about any of the plugs is the ability to adjust the plug to different settings with out struggle or tools.

It'll be fine with slugs. I found the standard twister puck reduced the power vs my factory puck.

what do you mean by power? thanks

Meaning I ported my barrel and the gun ran federal bulk pack bird shot with the factory puck but stove piped 100% with the twister puck. I quickly concluded the slightly smaller diameter of the twister puck allowed more gas to blow past the puck into the receiver, reducing the energy applied to the puck face, lowering the "power" on the gas system.

Are you buying a puck so you can be 922r compliant? If so by all means... If you are buying a new puck for improvement save your money. The improvement that a puck makes is negligible at best and in many cases worse than stock. If you are looking to diversify the loads your gun will shoot look into a better gas plug or if you are satisfied leave that section alone. I am fine with my stock gas plug and puck but if I just had to buy one it would be the MD arms V-plug or it's predecessor the gunfixer plug. The best part about any of the plugs is the ability to adjust the plug to different settings with out struggle or tools.

i was gonna buy the puck for the cleaning properties it supposedly has and to be 922r compliant for the future,, that MDarms v-plug definitely has its advantages because of the multiple settings, thanks ill be probably getting one of those friday

I bought the standard TwisterPuc for my S12. It works just fine with low brass.

I was just wondering if i would buy the standard and wanted to shoot slugs if it can handle them or i should just put my factory plug back in it? thanks

Yup, it'll be fine with slugs. I've shot 3" magnum slugs, 2.75" slugs, buck and low brass all with the Twister standard.

Is it safe to say the the general consensus is that the standard twister puck lowers gas pressure, in other words does everyone agree with hobby shooter?

Does anyone have experience that leads you to believe that the twister plugs does as advertised and keeps your gas system cleaner? It seems likely from an physics standpoint as it pretty much drills and scrapes the carbon from the gas block walls

Is it safe to say the the general consensus is that the standard twister puck lowers gas pressure, in other words does everyone agree with hobby shooter?

Does anyone have experience that leads you to believe that the twister plugs does as advertised and keeps your gas system cleaner? It seems likely from an physics standpoint as it pretty much drills and scrapes the carbon from the gas block walls

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=58124&st=0&p=550141&hl=+twister%20+puck&fromsearch=1entry550141

Not everyone agrees. It's nearly split between no difference, and reduces pressure.

Last time I cleaned the gas system I noticed some gunk cooked onto the gas cylinder wall and the factory puck was dragging pretty good on it. I popped that out and stuck the twister puck in and it wouldn't drag. Meaning the twister puck has a smaller diameter than my factory puck.

I have the standard twister puck in my gun. I would think the idea behind the grooves is that it causes the puck to twist (hence the name) and the grooves clean the chamber. My experience however is that the puck does not twist at all in my gun. When I remove the plug the mark from the puck hitting the bolt is always in the same place. If it was turning it would move around the face of the puck evenly.

Thanks for the responses. I'm still trying to get my gun 100% and I've been running the standard twister puck and have been getting FTEs after Ding the gas block and polishing the parts that you are supposed to in this situation, I'll try the standard puck and tell you all if it changes anything.

Thanks for the responses. I'm still trying to get my gun 100% and I've been running the standard twister puck and have been getting FTEs after Ding the gas block and polishing the parts that you are supposed to in this situation, I'll try the standard puck and tell you all if it changes anything.

Did you try a reduced power recoil spring? They do help.

I haven't tried the reduced power springs because I want to get the gun to function with a variety of ammo without changing parts.

The spring will run all 2 3/4" shells with the gas adjustment knob on the correct setting. 3" are the only shells you do not want to shoot with it.

Is it common for people to swap out the factory spring for this? I thought with the correct modifications you could get a factory gun to run 100%, I will have to give the spring a try, but I worry a possible side effect could be failure to go into battery