Archangel Promag AK furniture opinions

Anyone else find the buttstock interesting? I'm thinking of using one on my 7.62 conversion, which bty turned out to be my most difficult ever. The freaking rivets on the trigger plate were practically welded on. I never struggled with any other conversion like I did with this one.

• Like 1

My furniture arrived today. They didn't have black, so I opted for the tan set. Damn it not only looks great, it's solid as heck! Had to come back to the office, but tonight it's going on my converted 74, and the stock currently on the 74 is going to the new 7.62 conversion. Win win. Hey quick question, if you were going to match Chinese norinco orange, which stain would you use? I found a pretty good wood buttstock for my mak90 that looks pretty close to the real McCoy in shape, size, and angle. I just gotta match the color up.

Actually, it functions well. Still haven't been to the see how much the handguards will heat up, but it does feature a heatshield. The buttstock is sturdy and I really like the riser. Being able to adjust the length is also cool. All in all, I'm really happy with it. Before I forget, the pg is great. Feels very natural in the hand. Much better than a standard AK grip.

I tried that buttstock. Seems really sturdy and ergonmomics are great, but I couldn't get past the weight. I ended up going with the Magpul Zhukov. The Magpul is comfy, folding is nice, fairly lightweight, but I would not use it as a bludgeon. There doesn't seem to be a silver bullet polymer buttstock option for AKs.

I forgot the one other thing I didn't care for about it, for my use at least. Collapsed, it is still about the LOP as a WARSAW stock. For those who like a longer LOP and want to be able to adjust for that it is great, but I like things short, obviously, lol. As far as firing comfort, it was excellent on a shotgun. I can't remember if I had it on a Saiga 12 or Vepr 12, but it managed the recoil very well due to the pad being fairly wide. It was worlds different than a triangle folder, lol!

I forgot the one other thing I didn't care for about it, for my use at least. Collapsed, it is still about the LOP as a WARSAW stock. For those who like a longer LOP and want to be able to adjust for that it is great, but I like things short, obviously, lol. As far as firing comfort, it was excellent on a shotgun. I can't remember if I had it on a Saiga 12 or Vepr 12, but it managed the recoil very well due to the pad being fairly wide. It was worlds different than a triangle folder, lol!

That's actually very important.

With a coat on as well as everything under it, Warsaw length is still longer than I like.

Am glad I never replaced the trigger guard on the conversion, just bubba bent it to fit, fits the heavy gloves perfect.

• Like 1

Concealed carry is another concern in the winter. Not only will you be wearing more or heavier clothing, but so will a perp. Need to be carrying something that does well in multiple layers of heavy clothing. 

Also its much easier to conceal a larger pistol in the winter too, bonus.

• Like 1

With enough tilt from the holster, the right build, and not wearing thin, light colored shirts, a full sized pistol can be hid well year round. Few realize that I am carrying at all and it is a full size Glock with a +2 mag extension. 20 rounds. I don't bother with what most would consider a carry pistol. I'm too frugal to buy a second pistol and I'm not a fan of not having many rounds or having to carry extra mags. I figure if 20 rounds with no mag change won't do it I was screwed anyway.

You can do anything if the sun, stars and moon align.

People don't realize that people carry concealed because they have blinders on, are buried in their cell phone or just don't think to look for some carrying a concealed pistol. The first two are a toss up for the majority.