New CA C39V2 milled receiver

• 2 weeks later...

Being vague on your answers is annoying.

For those who give a sh!t, apparently CA decided to change the size of the C39 side rail, so I purchased a Midwest Ind, C39 mount, topped it off with a Primary Arms 30mm red dot and a 30mm Vortex Cantilever mount....

• 2 weeks later...

Nice rifle. I picked up a similar rifle at a pawn shop in vg condition. Out of paranoia, I decided to upgrade the bolt on mine after acquiring a set of headspace gauges. Mine would not close on "go". While some think thats great, at least it closes on a live round, I wasnt thrilled about it. Too tight a headspace can lead to an overpressure condition, which can lead to other issues. I could be wrong, but that may be the reason why so many people are claiming premature wear of their rifles. I was able to acquire an original 1960's Polish milled bolt and it headspaced perfectly. I shoot it and clean it regularly now with no reservations about a possible issue.

• 4 weeks later...

Being vague on your answers is annoying.

He was quite through on his answers. Guns built by CA are widely known to absolute garbage. CA imports some good stuff like NPAPs and WASRs but they cannot build a gun worth a crap. Most AK people will tell you the best thing you can do with a C39 or a RAS is melt it down before it kills you.

The poor QC and materials used in them make all sorts of things happen that shouldn't including headspace changes.

For the price CA wants for a C39 or a RAS you could get a NPAP or a WASR and a few hundred rounds of ammo and not have to worry about when its going to blow up in your face.

Before you get to modifying it get a go/no go gauge for headspace. Check it regularly.