Sign in to follow this  
Swandriver

Original 1 Gen Saiga 410 recoil spring

I understand the original 1Gen Saiga 410 did not have a dust cover or BHO, but I cannot find information about the recoil spring.

My shotgun has the exact recoil spring as an AK 47 and AK 74.  

I ask because all the manuals I have (.pdfs) show a different - 2 springs with rod and dust cover.

It shoots fine - just curious

Thanks -

There were at least 3 versions of the S-.410 that I have seen. 2 different early guns without the s-12 style gas plug and one with, and MAYBE a 4th with longer barrel extensions for 2 1/2" shells.

52 minutes ago, Swandriver said:

I understand the original 1Gen Saiga 410 did not have a dust cover or BHO, but I cannot find information about the recoil spring.

My shotgun has the exact recoil spring as an AK 47 and AK 74.  

I ask because all the manuals I have (.pdfs) show a different - 2 springs with rod and dust cover.

It shoots fine - just curious

Thanks -

Ive never seen a Saiga without a dustcover. Mine was a threaded 19" version with manual BHO. 

An AK dust cover will work with the ejection port hogged out. I think the little 'wing' is called a shutter, and is only there to keep out nesting birds and low flying submarines!

Whoever sold you, and told you that your saiga 410 did not come with a dust cover originally... Lied to you. They came with them. All of them. 

Ya standard fuddery where folks “just have to take it apart”. Then it acts funny after that happens, cause the parts went “wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee” across the room under spring force.... ask me how I know. Buuuuuuut, I don’t just sell the gun without telling folks that I have no confidence in it anymore because I lost parts, I fix it!! Or find the lost part, haha

IndyArms - no one "told" me anything about dust covers or not....I asked the question here because many images on the net show with both setups.  However - they "All" did not come with the "dust cover" (not speaking of reciever cover).  I searched Russian pages and found the original 93/94 shotguns were/are configured just as the one I bought.

saltydecimator - ????? If you cannot break down your weapon to the smallest part, reassemble, and know all about it - then you are only engaging in "Ya standard fuddery"....

All im saying...I've been on this forum a long time... And i have never seen a NEW saiga 410 come without a dust cover when purchased. But looking back on what you're saying... You're talking about the little door in the dust cover and calling the dust cover the receiver cover... Gotcha. Yeah... Some didn't have that little extra dust cover . i thought you meant the whole receiver cover!!😛😛😂