I'm looking for a new handgun and was pretty settled on getting the Taurus PT 24/7 but then started reading about CZ's. So now I'm trying to decide between the Taurus PT 24/7 or the CZ 75b.

The CZ forum has lots of rave reviews on the accuracy of the CZ and that's what I'm really looking for.

I'm also looking to stay below $500.00.

So I'm looking for thoughts on either of these or at this point I'm also open to any other 9mm in that price range.

this is the cz75 you want, the bd model. this isnt a bad price for one either, actually:

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=45169610

ive shot several different cz75's and liked them all. very nice gun for the dollar. havent shot that particular taurus, but after you find one that DOESNT crack on the grip after a few hundred shots, they are pretty good too.

this is the cz75 you want, the bd model. this isnt a bad price for one either, actually:

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=45169610

ive shot several different cz75's and liked them all. very nice gun for the dollar. havent shot that particular taurus, but after you find one that DOESNT crack on the grip after a few hundred shots, they are pretty good too.

I'm sure you're sick of hearing this, but I'd take them both and shoot them and see which one you like better. They are both great pistols.

I have a Baby Eagle made by Israel Military Industries which is a CZ clone witha polygonal rifled bore. The EAA Witness is another CZ clone made by Tangfolio who supply parts for the Baby Eagle. You can't go wrong with a CZ or it's clones, they're well made and are based on the Browning Hi-Power with the slide inside the frame.

displaced yankee: make sure if you DO buy a CZ 75B it is a 75BD. if the model number does not have a D in it, it isnt double action, I dont think, and needs to be cocked when drawn initially.

displaced yankee: make sure if you DO buy a CZ 75B it is a 75BD. if the model number does not have a D in it, it isnt double action, I dont think, and needs to be cocked when drawn initially.

Actually they are DA/SA. The BD's have the decocker lever.

Yep, the B is DA/SA....it is on my wish list...best feeling DA pull i have found, the one i handled was just amzingly light DA pull. Had i had the funds at the time i would have snapped it up that day.