Turkey hunting is tough. The birds have keen eyesight and they're smart. Also keep an eye out for the crazies out there if you're on public land. They'll shoot at anything that moves and/or gobbles (even if that gobble is you calling). Last year, a good friend of mine went to the hospital with turkey shot in his back because some whacko took a shot at him when he was using a gobbler call. I wasn't serious but if he wasn't leaning against a tree that took the majority of the shot, it could have been worse I bet.

I bought all the gear for turkey hunting, but not sure if I'll go out for spring gobbler. I got alot going on here at home. But the season is like a month long, so maybe....

Gotta go FULL camo! Face mask, gloves, boots the works. I recommend "Sneaky leaves" for your clothing and shotgun. You can find them at Bass Pro Shop or Cabela's. Even if your not seeing any turkeys in the woods, you will have fun being invisable.

Sneaky leaves?!?!?! Come on bro... You gotta be more creative than that... go out in the woods, get some small twigs with leaves on them from saplings... and start to camoflague yourself with the proper greenery from the local forest... with 5 minutes of time, you will look like a fucking bush thats been growing there for 10 years... and not have to spend a dime!

I used to do that while out squirrel hunting with a buddy of mine... While I was sitting, I would grab a stick here, a twig there... in my hat, in my pocket, this seam, that seam... before ya know it, I was a shrub... sometimes he would walk past me and never even SEE ME!!!! till I'd scare the bejeezus out of him with a loud "YO!"

Creativity.... just think like a tree... and pretend you are your own ghillie suit... :up::lol:

:smoke: