Hello new to the group and have a few questions about my Saiga 12 Mili

Hi,

I have a few AK based weapons platforms and the Saiga is by far my favorite.I picked this gun up about 2 years ago from a dealer.

SEE PICS ATTACHED

I was wondering if you guys have seen a Saiga like mine and whats it worth is this common to see a camo .Im debateing if to have my saiga 12 pictured retro-ed to a conversion from tromix for 350.00.

What would you guys recommend to do I dig the camo look saiga and want it modified a bit like my AK .

Who does the best conversion, and should I do it to this gun or pick up another to mod out ?

FYI :::

last week Impact firearms ran a sale on (joeken) ak47 pistols 11" barrels, model #104 for $300.00 normally $550.00+ it was a computer glich and they are honoring the sales all 12 of us that ordered them via the net .

keep an eye out on their sight ..

I cant wait to get that Joeken ak pistol its about 4 weeks wait but worth it ..

post-2981-1143092517.jpg

Edited by Mike

In my opinion, I wouldn't modify your camo. Get a plain one to modify and paint it camo if thats what you like. You don't see to mony of the camo ones. Anyways, when you modify them the finish gets messed up and need redone anyways. Keep it original or sell it for say 500 or more to pick up a regular with a little left to finance the conversion.

As for the best converter, Go with Tony at Tromix, without a doubt. And what ever you do don't go to Dave at Elite.

In my opinion, I wouldn't modify your camo. Get a plain one to modify and paint it camo if thats what you like. You don't see to mony of the camo ones. Anyways, when you modify them the finish gets messed up and need redone anyways. Keep it original or sell it for say 500 or more to pick up a regular with a little left to finance the conversion.

As for the best converter, Go with Tony at Tromix, without a doubt. And what ever you do don't go to Dave at Elite.

Mike ,

Thanks man for the heads up I kinda figured it was a rare bird or sorts .May just rest her at the back of the gun safe,its a great skeet gun.........

Im thinking the same line as you maybe just get a new one and mod it all in black ,its not that I like the camo I was sort of shocked when I opened the box.For all the tea in china I cant remember where the hell I got this gun from ..

I want to get one really decked out say about 750.00 max total into it .Is that a fair price for a well modeed out saiga 12 and how can you tell what model you have .

Mine has a approx 22-23 inch barrel and I havent a clue what model it is its stamped with all russian scribble.

The camo grew on me and the gun is just unreal to shoot it has little if any kick and it light as hell.

This forum is awsome I look forward to you gudience in the near future you folks seem to know your stuff .

I had a hell of a time finding much info on the Saiga till I came here.

Hats off to the founder and you all.

Hi,

I have a few AK based weapons platforms and the Saiga is by far my favorite.I picked this gun up about 2 years ago from a dealer.

SEE PICS ATTACHED

I was wondering if you guys have seen a Saiga like mine and whats it worth is this common to see a camo .Im debateing if to have my saiga 12 pictured retro-ed to a conversion from tromix for 350.00.

What would you guys recommend to do I dig the camo look saiga and want it modified a bit like my AK .

Who does the best conversion, and should I do it to this gun or pick up another to mod out ?

last week Impact firearms ran a sale on (joeken) ak47 pistols 11" barrels, model #104 for $300.00 normally $550.00+ it was a computer glich and they are honoring the sales all 12 of us that ordered them via the net .

That SKS is a paratrooper model chineese.Its is a great gun also all the AK type platform is in my opinion worth the buck big time .I was leaning AR15 for a weapons platform but after breaking one down I said no way Ak is for me.

Keep an eye on Impacts site they are experienceing some troubles that may benifit one in getting a new toy or two.

"last week Impact firearms ran a sale on (joeken) ak47 pistols 11" barrels, model #104 for $300.00 normally $550.00+ it was a computer glich and they are honoring the sales all 12 of us that ordered them via the net .

I cant wait to get that Joeken ak pistol its about 4 weeks wait but worth it .."

Was that the AKM AK104 pistol? If so then I'm in the gang of 12 with you......$322.99 so jumped on it! :up::super:

Agree with above--don't mod the camo. Keep it or at least you can probably get a bit more than usual for it.

"last week Impact firearms ran a sale on (joeken) ak47 pistols 11" barrels, model #104 for $300.00 normally $550.00+ it was a computer glich and they are honoring the sales all 12 of us that ordered them via the net .

I cant wait to get that Joeken ak pistol its about 4 weeks wait but worth it .."

Was that the AKM AK104 pistol? If so then I'm in the gang of 12 with you......$322.99 so jumped on it! :up::super:

Agree with above--don't mod the camo. Keep it or at least you can probably get a bit more than usual for it.

LOL,

Way to go !!!

yep, the amk ak 104 pistol. $335.00 with shipping what a deal Ill be a customer for a lone while Impact .

2 day sale if you where on the ball.

Im a freak I want all my weapons all 12 gauge or 7.62.39 so I dont have to choke out big bucks in ammo costs.Its working so far I have a few real cool toys,that Joeken will be the frosting on the cake in my ak lineup.

I prefer the ak over the ar 15 any day ..

Funny, I thought I was seeing thinking I checked several times that i had the right web sight and it wasnt a airsoft.lol.

Then ordered immediately last weekend.

They changed the price back that was no sale that was a glich big time.

Im still thinking about it!!

Good grab huh....Awsome I knew I was in good company .

I also saw that Linda 9mm mis-priced at $199.00!!

Im serious then I lost all interest when I had seen the Joe ken.I should have snagged that Linda 9 mm also ...What was I thinking !

FYI:

When I spoke to Kali Monday at impact to confirm the order and my FFl on hand ..

She said it will be 4-6 weeks or so what did they tell you?She was very cool about it and I made no mention other than thankyou..of coarse.Wow!!!

What do you know about Joeken and their build?

I found little info if any ...

Im very curious if they use polish parts they cant use romanian please dont tell me thay do..

Hopefully Yugo,or bulgarian parts??

All I saw was the price,lol........Im still tweaked about it..

Is it a ak reciever and just a chopped barrel,and gas tube?

I was wondering if so to put gallil grips on it and a 75 round drum thats a fun time..

I know the Joe Ken akm ak47 104 cost anywhere from 549.00 to $659.00 all over the web if you can find the few I did.But no info on build etc..

Cool as hell cant wait to see it arrive Ill keep you posted and thanks man for the guidence on the saiga 12 Ill hold on to the freak ...LOL.

And grab a new one any suggestions I found only a few on the web for sale..?

It was a good wekend last weekend to be online wasnt it,lol.cool as hell !!!

Like I said earlier Im in good company I knew I finally fine a forum about this weapon ...

Small world isnt it..

Ciao,

Mike

Edited by Mike

I agree with above. I'm keeping my camo 12 bone stock for a skeet and bird gun. It shoots great and if I'm going to keep one with the long full choked barrel that's the one. I can show up with that one at the good ol boy range and break the ice better with the camo before unveiling the evil black one or the wood conversion that looks exactly like an AK- 47 and scares the hell out of some people.

post-1293-1143122767_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1143122809_thumb.jpg

I don't know man, it looks pretty sharp converted too. Other than these crappy screen shots from the Izhmash vid, I have never seen one converted. You could be the first! :super:

post-2093-1143125115.jpgpost-2093-1143125122_thumb.jpg

edit: this is actually a S-20

Edited by dinzag

Mike: about your Joeken pistol. It is made from Romanian parts. That doesnt mean anything though. I have several Romanian AK's including a Joeken and they run just as well as any polish or bulgarian Ive fired. Im not sure why everyone has this stigma with romy AK's but they are excellent rifles.

Mike: about your Joeken pistol. It is made from Romanian parts. That doesnt mean anything though. I have several Romanian AK's including a Joeken and they run just as well as any polish or bulgarian Ive fired. Im not sure why everyone has this stigma with romy AK's but they are excellent rifles.

In speaking with Ewbanks Co. today who had been making AK104 pistols for JoeKen, they said they use Hungarian parts. They made it sound like they are no longer supplying JosKen with arms. JoeKen themselves said JoeKen is using Polish parts on these pistols they are selling. Neither one mentioned Romanian parts.

Didn't you know it's a very bad thing to have Romy parts on your guns? Hmph! much less a Romanian receivered gun! Why would you want anything to do with that crappy shoddy workmanship?

:lolol::rolleyes: This was mentioned as a joke. Personally I like using the Romy stuff. :up:

Didn't you know it's a very bad thing to have Romy parts on your guns? Hmph! much less a Romanian receivered gun! Why would you want anything to do with that crappy shoddy workmanship?

:lolol::rolleyes: This was mentioned as a joke. Personally I like using the Romy stuff. :up:

LOl , its all good ...

I'm learnin' how to read your posts dinzag--it's just takin' me time :lolol:

I'm learnin' how to read your posts dinzag--it's just takin' me time :lolol:

:lolol: I left out the smilies - trying to get a rise outta people. Never take me serious on the internet.

...except when it comes to the ladies! :wub:

As much as I like Romy gun parts, I think I love their women even more!!! :wub:

post-2093-1143211493_thumb.jpg

edit - sorry Mike - didn't mean to hijack your thread...

Edited by dinzag
  • 1 month later...

Impact via an email today said two more weeks to wait ..

Its been almost 2.5 months..

Just some info on the joe ken 104.

LOL,

Way to go !!!

yep, the amk ak 104 pistol. $335.00 with shipping what a deal Ill be a customer for a lone while Impact .

2 day sale if you where on the ball.

Im a freak I want all my weapons all 12 gauge or 7.62.39 so I dont have to choke out big bucks in ammo costs.Its working so far I have a few real cool toys,that Joeken will be the frosting on the cake in my ak lineup.

I prefer the ak over the ar 15 any day ..

Funny, I thought I was seeing thinking I checked several times that i had the right web sight and it wasnt a airsoft.lol.

Then ordered immediately last weekend.

They changed the price back that was no sale that was a glich big time.

Im still thinking about it!!

Good grab huh....Awsome I knew I was in good company .

I also saw that Linda 9mm mis-priced at $199.00!!

Im serious then I lost all interest when I had seen the Joe ken.I should have snagged that Linda 9 mm also ...What was I thinking !

FYI:

When I spoke to Kali Monday at impact to confirm the order and my FFl on hand ..

She said it will be 4-6 weeks or so what did they tell you?She was very cool about it and I made no mention other than thankyou..of coarse.Wow!!!

What do you know about Joeken and their build?

I found little info if any ...

Im very curious if they use polish parts they cant use romanian please dont tell me thay do..

Hopefully Yugo,or bulgarian parts??

All I saw was the price,lol........Im still tweaked about it..

Is it a ak reciever and just a chopped barrel,and gas tube?

I was wondering if so to put gallil grips on it and a 75 round drum thats a fun time..

I know the Joe Ken akm ak47 104 cost anywhere from 549.00 to $659.00 all over the web if you can find the few I did.But no info on build etc..

Cool as hell cant wait to see it arrive Ill keep you posted and thanks man for the guidence on the saiga 12 Ill hold on to the freak ...LOL.

And grab a new one any suggestions I found only a few on the web for sale..?

It was a good wekend last weekend to be online wasnt it,lol.cool as hell !!!

Like I said earlier Im in good company I knew I finally fine a forum about this weapon ...

Small world isnt it..

Ciao,

Mike

Update.......

I just bought a saiga 20 to covert its only chambered 300 rounds and came with two clips and a scope and mount and a case of 2/34 shells all for $200.00

My neighbor needed the money and when he mentioned he had a gun for sale a AK type I had to ask .I about shit when he told me it was a saiga 20 ,SOLD!

I cant wait to do a conversion on it ..Tromix of coarse!

Thanks for all your info on this forum ,and input.

Ill post some pics when I get it back

Ill keep that S12 camo just like she is and play with the 20 gauge..

Im hooked on the AK platform...Big time love to guns and the ammo costs.

So far .

Hi,

SEE PICS ATTACHED

I don't know man, it looks pretty sharp converted too. Other than these crappy screen shots from the Izhmash vid, I have never seen one converted. You could be the first! :super:

post-2093-1143125115.jpgpost-2093-1143125122_thumb.jpg

edit: this is actually a S-20

Man that does look cool ......Thankyou for the screen shot to give me an idea to work from ..

Mike says:

"Impact via an email today said two more weeks to wait ..

Just some info on the joe ken 104."

Mike I got the same info about two weeks ago saying another month so at least they are consistent. It's still worth the wait (50+% off normal price.) :smoke:

Edited by tritium

Im waiting it out also .

They fucked up and expect us to probibly cancel, not me .

Its very worth the wiat keep me informed also if you hear or see anything ..

Thankyou..

Mike

Mike says:

"Impact via an email today said two more weeks to wait ..

Just some info on the joe ken 104."

Mike I got the same info about two weeks ago saying another month so at least they are consistent. It's still worth the wait (50+% off normal price.) :smoke:

Edited by Mike
I agree with above. I'm keeping my camo 12 bone stock for a skeet and bird gun. It shoots great and if I'm going to keep one with the long full choked barrel that's the one. I can show up with that one at the good ol boy range and break the ice better with the camo before unveiling the evil black one or the wood conversion that looks exactly like an AK- 47 and scares the hell out of some people.

Good JOB COBRA!!!! I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to upload my baby's three or four month old camo clothes (my version of E.German Flectar). Hopefully later this eve., I will successfully get her uploaded. I LOVE CAMO for these gems!!!!