Wanna go sniper style:Need Help

Ok guys I have the 7.62x39 and wanna make it somewhat of a sniper , here it is

http://cgi.ebay.com/SIMMONS-PROHUNTER-1-RI...1QQcmdZViewItem

Copy and paste Im not hot with this stuff. I want to be able to get headshots at say 200- 250 yards or so, also I need a Saiga compatible bipod, something that is cheap but not to crappy either. Thanks guys

Spank.

Ok guys I have the 7.62x39 and wanna make it somewhat of a sniper , here it is

http://cgi.ebay.com/SIMMONS-PROHUNTER-1-RI...1QQcmdZViewItem

Copy and paste Im not hot with this stuff. I want to be able to get headshots at say 200- 250 yards or so, also I need a Saiga compatible bipod, something that is cheap but not to crappy either. Thanks guys

Spank.

Umm I'm not sure what your trying to show..... Are you trying to show us your gun or the scope you want on it? 200-250 yards is pushing it for the 7.62X39 round. You can probably hit a man sized target at that range and sometimes head shots but I wouldn't expect it to be 100%. You should get an S308 for that kind of accuracy.

7.62x39 won't make it as a sniper rifle. It's not the scope...it's the caliber. I think no matter what scope, stock or accesories you use...with this caliber nobody can make tight groups as sniper rifles do at 200 yards...it was not made for sniper rifles, period. You should try .308...it's much more accurate.

all I expect out of my 7.62x39 is cheap shooting at short range. Ill bump fire whole mags into trees at 5 feet, or just set up some static clay pigeons and see how fast I can engage them all from exactly the same distance (meaning run, shoot, run, shoot). I would take it hunting in the woods because of the short ranges you have to deal with, but thats about it. its just not designed to go that distance accurately. its a trench gun.

Umm I'm not sure what your trying to show..... Are you trying to show us your gun or the scope you want on it? 200-250 yards is pushing it for the 7.62X39 round. You can probably hit a man sized target at that range and sometimes head shots but I wouldn't expect it to be 100%. You should get an S308 for that kind of accuracy.

+1 If you got the 7.62 for use as a designated marksman rifle you got the wrong one. For a sniper rifle, it isn't even close. You can ingage man sized targets at 250m with no problem. Head shots, every once in a while.

You really need to step up to the 308 round where you can dial in your round for better accuracy.

May I suggest a military surplus rifle. They are cheap and very accurate if you get a nice one. This is my K-31. I paid $99 for it. The scope and bipod can be found anywhere, and with a little bit of bubba work, makes for a nice shooter. The 7.62x39 is just not up to the task of hitting accurately at over 100 yards. Good luck man!

Oh, and for a sniper looking Saiga, I would go with a low scope mount. Pop out the rear sight and use a 50mm objective lense scope for greater visibility. Stay sleek and simple. Synthetic furnature to keep the weight off. I don't use a bipod on my Saiga, but you can adapt one that is lightweight and durable. Heres mine.

post-1374-1144530967_thumb.jpg

post-1374-1144530987_thumb.jpg

post-1374-1144531288_thumb.jpg

post-1374-1144531316_thumb.jpg

Why not !!!!

Of course 7.62x39 is not intended for military sniping ....but it could be a great police sniper

About 7.62x39 accuracy.... you must reload ( the 7.62x39 ammo that you can find is for hunting/recreational shooting or military surplus .........for sniping role you need first class components (brass, bullets, powder, pistons ).

About the guns....the saiga/ak is for close combat....is a really rugged design but there are a lot of more accurate guns...(izhmash,Cz, sako and now Remington makes bolt actions in 7.62x39)

Why not !!!!

Of course 7.62x39 is not intended for military sniping ....but it could be a great police sniper

About 7.62x39 accuracy.... you must reload ( the 7.62x39 ammo that you can find is for hunting/recreational shooting or military surplus .........for sniping role you need first class components (brass, bullets, powder, pistons ).

About the guns....the saiga/ak is for close combat....is a really rugged design but there are a lot of more accurate guns...(izhmash,Cz, sako and now Remington makes bolt actions in 7.62x39)

I agree completely! If you must go with this caliber for sniping, the platforms that you mentioned are perfect. The AK/Saiga are designed with lose tolerances for reliability and performance, not outstanding acuracy. Although middle eastern countries have been roadside sniping with them for decades, for long range, I would suggest something with a little more punch behind it.

Thanks!