Saiga 12 Back From Tromix

Just got it back and it looks like the box went through a war or even two. The muzzle looks like it was dropped onto concrete and has some damage. I already called Tony who said to just send it back and he would fix it. He even said he would cover shipping. Other than the muzzle damage the gun looks AMAZING. So kudos to Tony for awsome work and awsome customer service. And -1 to UPS.

-C4-

..If I were you..I would invest in a cheap case from Academy or somewhere..Wally mart..etc..& ship it in the plastic case...thats the way I have avoided any future damages that Our Wonderous Mail/postal carriers put our guns thru...Mine cost about $10 from academy sports or Big 5...I've suffered your same ordeal until I wised up to their don't care attitude...in handle'n weapon shipments...just my 02cents...:-)

That really sucks to get your gun back AFU. I have shipped over 3,000 items on UPS since 1999 and this is only the 2nd parcel to get damaged. The other was a 17 Remington upper and it was foamed in place with one of those high dollar machines. The muzzle hit the concrete so hard it smashed the corner of the barrel back about 3/8". The guy called and said the barrel had a "ding" in it. That was the biggest friggin "ding" I have ever seen.

A lot of guys do send in their guns in hardcases and I make sure they go back in the same case. If you have to return your gun for warranty work of any kind, I will refund your ground freight expenses.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

That really sucks to get your gun back AFU. I have shipped over 3,000 items on UPS since 1999 and this is only the 2nd parcel to get damaged. The other was a 17 Remington upper and it was foamed in place with one of those high dollar machines. The muzzle hit the concrete so hard it smashed the corner of the barrel back about 3/8". The guy called and said the barrel had a "ding" in it. That was the biggest friggin "ding" I have ever seen.

A lot of guys do send in their guns in hardcases and I make sure they go back in the same case. If you have to return your gun for warranty work of any kind, I will refund your ground freight expenses.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

The hard case is a good idea. Do you guys lock it? or tape it closed or ...? I think I am going to do get one so I can send it back in it and avoid this problem.

Tony: Yeah... this is MINOR, not a "ding". I think 1 or 2 mm off the end of the muzzle outta do it.

-C4-

I use those heavy duty wide Wire Ties..allthe way around the case in several places..& the small ties in all the lock loops..pulled" tighter than dicks hat band" as my Ol Gran'Pa used to say..LOL!!..I don't think a lock would be necessary..because if somebody wants in it..they're going to get in it anyway..another..is the key is too easy to lose..(Where are you gonn'a put the key??..on the inside ??or mail it to your Destination??... :rolleyes:

I have had the USPS postal fruitcakes tear the hell out of even the cases..but I have always had good luck/service with UPS{The Guys in Brown}..as Tony recomended..

I don't even put the Cases in a box unless requested..UPS takes em in just the sealed cases..I did have a UPS female clerk decide it should be wrapped up like a sore genital with 3" wide clear tape...& I feel for the person that had to open it...but..that WAS the only time that happened...I only ship pistols in a box anymore..& they are in a plastic case within the box...

$10-$15 spent on a plastic case can save ya a shit load a grief..

It's also..OUTSTANDING!!..that Tony R da man..stands good for it,too.. :super:

I'll add that I've recieved some BOXED MP5s that I recieved from USPS that looked like the 101st AirBorne had dropped it from 30,000 feet & the chute failed to open..& it wasn't pretty when I looked inside... :killer:

Edited by StarLynx

Agree with an inexpensive case and held closed at the lock holes with cable ties pulled tight as possible. Sent mine to Tony that way and he even put the case in a box for the return trip. Arrived back AOK. :up:

When you buy the foam-filled-cheapo-case.........keep the box IT comes in and that's how you ship it.

Academy,Big5,or Wally mart ..don't keep the boxs..already went thru that...& if you price one at a gun shop that has a box..it's like $35....More than that for the GunGuards....Besides..if you buy one of the heavy duty cases..They weigh more..& shippers get paid by weight...