axis pin retainer

hello,

well i started my conversion several moths ago. i just parked it and am reassymbling everything. i have used e clips on several other builds but they do not fit the saiga pins very well. they have some spop and allow the pins to move a little bit. is there a way to reuse the original retainer spring from the saiga. to tell ya the truth i do not even remember how the old spring was in there. this is the last thing i need to do to shoot it. i took it straight out of the box and started hacking it up and have never shot it. any pics would be a great help.

I use 'em on all of my guns minus the VEPR. There is some axial movement, but not nearly enough to get them to come out of the RH side. Also axial load isn't an issue.

That said, yes the original wire can be reused.

I used the Blackjack's AK-47 Shepherd's Crook Replacement and did have to modify it by grinding it to clear the left receiver rail and enlarging the center and rearmost hole slightly. A person may be better off with Metric size "E" clips. Check out www.McMaster.com (catalog page 3090), if they do not have it, you probably did not need it anyway.

Tim M