What I am suggesting... is to have members post some pics of their best targets.

NOT SO MUCH to brag, and to compete... as this could lead to some schmucks punching holes at 25 yards and then saying it was done at 100... or what have you... yall know what I mean...

But to show what our Saigas are capable of doing, and if the targets are NOT the best... maybe some of the better shooters can offer advice to the less experienced, to help them shoot better.

Very often I see threads about "How good will such and such saiga shoot?!?!"

Well... lets put that to rest... post some pics of your targets, whether they are GOOD groups, bad groups, short range, long range, whatever... but lets see how these saigas shoot!!

I will start off with two targets from this past weekend... 5 shot groups at 50 meters, my blonde 16" Saiga X39 off a wooden front support (cradling the front handguard), with my left hand under the PG on the bench for stability. Using the IRON SIGHTS only for these rounds...

One group was with the WOLF FMJ (how many grains? 125? I forgot! :( ), and the other was with the WOLF 122 grain JHP. These are the BETTER groups out of several rounds of shooting, and I am VERY PLEASED to say they are DECENT! :up::lol:

I hope others will post groups of their shooting here as well... and not just the X39... but slug groups, .223, .308... to whole lot of em.... Please be sure to include the loads data, the range, and if you want, the conditions... Lets see some shooting, folks! :up:

blondesaigatarget14_14.jpg

blondesaigatarget24_14.jpg

Ok here's a couple of targets from my S-12 using 525gr. lyman slugs.525gr-slug.jpg

(25 yard pistol targets because I can see the orange center at longer ranges.)

These were both shot at 75 to 80 yards and 8 to 10 seconds to fire all 5 shots IIRC.

rifchoke75yd-1.jpg

Great shooting, DHunter! Thats a dead deer without a doubt!!!

I shot my 20" Saiga "Brunette" today. I shot 10 rounds, two groups of 5 shots each. I was slightly suprised, as I expected to have to "sight it in", as I thought for some reason it was out of whack slightly... Well, it wasnt.

Again, These targets were shot at with 5 rounds each, at 50M. with the iron sights, using Wolf 122 JHP ammo. It was a beautiful day, no wind, and perfectly clear.

One thing to note, was that the point of AIM was at the base of the black circle. I expected the rounds to hit high at 50... but they seemed to hit exactly where I was aiming... ( within an inch or so.) I used a penny for size comparison... :up:

:smoke:

1grp4_19_20inchsaiga.jpg

2grp4_19_20inchsaiga.jpg

well, you guys know me, this is one of the last pictures I have taken of one of my targets. does this count? 12G 2 3/4" rem. domer slugs with iron sights from 25 yards, 4 out 5 hit. tree was about 6 or 7" wide. all 5 shots were consecutive, the first being a miss, and all were fired from the standing position offhand inside of roughly one minute.

post-83-1145470186.jpg

Hi all

this target is from my 7.62x39mm ak103, 3 shots inside 20mm at 50m range , home loaded ammo and the rifle was scoped with a posp 8x42, shot off the bench.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/kalashnikov/i...ng/IMAG0003.JPG

and this one is from my Dragunov 7.62x54r at 50m range, home loaded ammo (.308 bullet not .310) scoped with 8x42 scope shot off the bench, 5 shots inside 21mm.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/kalashnikov/i...ng/IMAG0001.JPG

my main home range is only 50m but i often use a 400m military range so next time i hope to get some group shot targets from there

all the best

assassin