I'm having a difficult time pulling the stock off

I set the gun in a padded gun vise and drive 'em off from the inside with a 1/2" dowel. Works on all the AK's I have... :smoke:

Where did you place the dowl? On the bottom of the stock inside where the bottom storage cap comes off?

I set the gun in a padded gun vise and drive 'em off from the inside with a 1/2" dowel. Works on all the AK's I have... :smoke:

Where did you place the dowl? On the bottom of the stock inside where the bottom storage cap comes off?

Did you remove all 3 screws? There is one under the top cover.

Edited by stokstad

Inside on the very front of the stock. Remove the dust cover and spring and you'll see where I'm talking about...inside the receiver...behind the FCG...

:smoke:

edited to add: Yeah, make sure all 3 screws are out.

Edited by dinzag

Get a chair, lay the gun in the chair and sit on the stock with the gun between your legs. Wiggle the gun back and forth while you are sitting on the stock. Keep constant pressure (pull on the gun) while you are wiggling the gun back and forth. The stock will s l o w l y come out of the gun. I have done three this way...MadDoggy

Edited by MadDog

All these methods work as long as you remove all three screws first. On the really tough ones the wooden block or dowel from inside is the ticket. All I ever have to do is whack the front of the grip part of the stock with a rubber mallet while pulling on it. Works every time.

All these methods work as long as you remove all three screws first. On the really tough ones the wooden block or dowel from inside is the ticket. All I ever have to do is whack the front of the grip part of the stock with a rubber mallet while pulling on it. Works every time.

The stocks off. I didn't see that screw hiding under the spring. Thanks for all the great replies.