Alright you bastards. I told myself "no more guns till after I'm employed (June'ish)." But after looking at all the K31 threads here and elsewhere, I caved.

Called up my FFL this evening to let him know about the transfer, and I'm calling bright and early Monday morning to order the rifle.

Bah...

Edited by Rusty

Rusty, Where are you going to get it from!??!!? Might I recommend www.Classicarms.US?

I got both of mine there, and both were EXCELLENT! I asked for "The best one you have, in walnut, no nametag under the buttplate" and I got killer rifles, for $149.00

They will accept a fax of your FFL copy. ALTHOUGH... THEY WILL NOT TAKE AN ORDER WITHOUT THE FFL ON FILE!!!

Good luck, cant wait to see pics of it!

:smoke:

Yep. My FFL has done business previously with classicarms, so that's where it's coming from.

Military Gun Supply over in Ft. Worth had several a few weeks ago, but they ran out about 2 days before I convinced myself that I needed one.

I think Browning made a 22 rifle called a T-Bolt that was a straight pull bolt as well.

Alright you bastards. I told myself "no more guns till after I'm employed (June'ish)." But after looking at all the K31 threads here and elsewhere, I caved.

Called up my FFL this evening to let him know about the transfer, and I'm calling bright and early Monday morning to order the rifle.

Bah...

B)-->

QUOTE(G O B @ Apr 30 2006, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't forget the M-38! Gotta have one of those too!

G O B

Oh, I plan on getting the whole Mosin collection: 38s, 44s, 91/30s, the works. But those WILL wait till I'm fully employeed.

You people are a bad influence. You know that, right?

Yup I just had two more from AIM Surplus show up lastweek on Friday for $109 each. I ordered them with the sling and muzzle cap. So far one has the owners tag, i just took it apart to refinish the stock back to its orginal color and condition. Both are the beech stocks. Even though were starting to get closer to the bottom of the barrel these still don't look too bad and they should clean up really purdy too. One of these will be my project swiss k31 and its going to get scoped and a muzzle brake too for long range shooting. The AIM Surplus $69 special i received for my project gun has a name tag and a walnut stock thats looks in Excellent condition+ now so i didn't want a gun looking this purdy to be scoped. I been looking for a ugly duckling but every swiss miss looks too good after its all cleaned up. I have noticed with all my swiss k31's so far the triggers do vary too. I hope AIM has another swiss special soon too. One of my Samco Swiss rifles($139) looked great too it was in excellent condition with no dings or dents but the finish needed some touching up. All I had to do was to steelwool the old finish off and retung oil her up and she looks new now too. I can't figure out why some of the stocks look bad (surface finish) yet the bluing is 100% awesome. If you use the Behlen Master Solar Lux stain in orange-yellow it matches the orginal swiss color which is the same as the albanian sks's too. These are a hot buy right now and do to runout soon too. Century arms has none left already(supplier) so soon the dealers will runout too. If you want one you better move quickly. I went to order 5 more from century and i found out they were sold out already. I been here before with the swede mausers and finnish M39 mosins too.

Edited by Unknown Poster

DO NOT BUY A CHROMED M-38 FROM CLASSICARMS!!!!!!

Somehow the WRONG batch got sent to the chromers... and they have HORRIBLE BORES!!!

Lets talk KEYHOLES AT 25 YARDS!!!!

I had to send mine back... it was worthless... LOOKED AWESOME... shot like TOTAL ASS!

:smoke:

I would get an M38 laminated and a M38 regular stock mosin too and a M91/30 laminated & a M91/30 hex mosin and i think that allens armory has the m91/59 mosins too before these all disappear again. I really think we won't see them again. The swiss k31's are just about gone too there's not many left. On the good side they just received a new shippment of yugo sks's at AIM just what we need more yugo sks's i'm up to my butthole now with them. Give me any sks a russian, a chinese, a romanian or albanian but please no more yugo's i'm all yugo'ed out for now.

Edited by Unknown Poster

Damn this thing is fun. Kicks like a cute and fuzzy bunny rabbit. Shooting a Garand, ARs, other bolt guns, pistols, various shotguns, and a few BP rifles before getting to it might have had something to do with the lack of recoil though B)

Oh, did I mention accurate? 50 yards, off hand, iron sights, Hornady ammo (no Wolf Gold or Swiss 7.5 in the area), no sling and I managed to clover leaf 3 consecutive shots.

Cosmetically she's in excelent shape. The metal (excluding the butt plate) looks brand new. No rust anywhere. There are a couple of gouges in the stock. Action is slicker than teflon coated snot.

I definantly like.

The Garand (another recent purchase) also kicked much ass. That poor laptop never saw it coming :devil:

Edited by Rusty

You can find boxer primed reloadable swiss 7,5mm wolf gold ammo at sportsmans guide for $9 a box or Priv-Partizan 7,5mm swiss ammo at AIM Surplus for around the same price too its the samey same ammo too. Now is the time to stock up on swiss ammo wether its brand new ammo or surplus swiss ammo.

Yeah... I didn't have time to order the ammo online, seeing as how I got it on a Saturday, and went shooting on a Tuesday. I stopped by Cabelas on the way out to the range, grabbed 2 boxes of the Hornady stuff, and went shooting. They were sold out of the Wolf Gold 7.5 (which was $9.99/box).

Actually, now is the time for me to stock up on Lake City 30-06, since I'll be shooting more of that. $230 for almost 1000 rounds sounds like a right nice deal. Cheap shooting and decent brass for the Dillon 550 to feed on.

Edit to add: Why stock up on 7.5 Swiss right now? I can see snagging a couple of boxes of GP11, but it's not like Wolf, Hornady, and the various other manufacturers are just going to drop the cartridge when the K31s dry up.

Edited by Rusty

Recently the price of scrap metal is at an all time high so soon it will trickle down into the things we use everyday. I would stock up on reloadable brass right now too besides surplus ammo too. With the supply of the surplus 8mm ammo running low now and with the 7mm mauser and 6,5mm swede surplus ammo dried up just this year the 7,62x54r is next to suffer. Its time to stock up or pay what ever the future price of the ammo will be if you can find it. If you don't shoot much you will be ok but if you plan on shooting alot you may find yourself with an expensive hobby down the road with the price increases. Even the reloading stuff is affordable right now too so i'm stocking up on supplies and die sets for all my regular calibers and military calibers too. The reloading tools are in for a big increase when the ammo goes higher too. Right now is the time to do it, its a win/win situation before it becomes a lose/lose situation. Trust me its going to happen in the near future, its time to hoard.

Edited by Unknown Poster