USED galil 35 rnd orlite mags CDNN

just a heads up guys.

i'm not bashing cdnn, they really are a great company with great deals.

but, when they state USED, they mean just that.

i ordered 4 USED galil orlite mags for my saiga 223.

they looked like they just come off the battlefield.

caked with sand and dust, inside and out.

couple had israeli words carved into the sides.

worst of all, one of em was crushed on one side. completely bashed in.

but, being quite handy with tools, i managed to pop the shards of plastic to the outside of the mag and plastic welded them in place after a light sand job.

functions flawlessly now and looks like a little scratch on the surface.

after a few coats of truck bedliner. :rolleyes:

the morale of the story goes.......spend the extra $5 and get their NEW galil mags.

I bought 5 of the Magazines (all USED) from CDNN. I may have faired better. Yes, they are dirty. Dust, sand, etc. all the way from Isreal. NO ISREALI CARVINGS! But that sounds kool. They all look good for functionality with strong springs. One did have a non asthetic crack on the bottom skirt, but should not affect anything.

Funny I bought these...I still don't own a Saiga and am wanting to get one, but I didn't like the $20-$30 price per mag. I think I have all the mags I need for $25 plus $10 for S+H. So, I am probably on my wayt to getting a Saiga.

Overall, I am happy with my used mags. They should work fine...if you are cheap like me...go for it.

My question for you all what kind of MOA accuracy can I get with shooting good M193 rounds with a POSP 4X scope (100 yds.) I am hoping for 3 MOA but 2 would be a bonus...can any of your .223's shoot 2 MOA???

CAN YOU TAKE THESE ORLITES APART? IF SO HOW????

Just got done cleaning (yes, I got them apart) and looking at the Orlites. Overall, 2 are in like new condition. Two are in medium used condition, and one is in high use condition. The highly used one needed some JB weld on a crack...the highly used one should still work well in a Saiga, assuming I can get a feed ramp correctly built in the gun. Interestingly, the highly used one is a completely different design than the other 4. I think it is for a Galil...but not sure. Gee, now I want a Galil, but I could buy a lot of Saigas for 1 Galil!

thanks for the tip on the african mag. it doesn't look too bad actually.

the israeli carvings are pretty cool. but they will soon be covered up by some coating i have not yet chosen.

reason why i was taken by surprise when i saw these mags is b/c i ordered used 20 round hungarian tanker mags for $4 a piece from tapco before and they are in mint condition. guess i just lucked up on that deal.

i almost ordered some of their used steel ak 30 rounders for $7.99, but lord knows what they would be like.

it would be alot harder to fix a dent in a steel mag.

at least now i will be better prepared for what i might get.

again, not bashing cdnn. they are a great company with great deals! DO BUSINESS THERE. (NO, I DON'T OWN STOCK :haha: )

just given ya'll a heads up!

• 4 weeks later...

the Saiga .223 is a really good gun, but for a new shooter, unless you have a real reason to want centerfire power, such as long range shooting, I'd say go with something like a Ruger 10/22 to start off. Why?...Inexpensive, customizable to can be, hi cap mags are abundant, and accurate if you spend a bit to get a nice trigger job and decent barrel.

My first 10/22 quickly got an 18 inch bull barrel and matching stock for $80 from Midway, a good Simmons scope for about $100, and a $35 trigger job.....I have under $250 of improvements into a $180 base price gun, and it shoots great with cheap ammo....ruger 10/22... 2 cents a shot, Saiga .223 is 15 cents a shot...for Wolf.....probably the ceapest ammo you can get.....

Don't get me wrong.....nothing wrong with the saiga, i would just suggest you start with a .22 LR as your first gun. I have 6 .22s now....love them all...

Start there, if you love it, get a Saiga as your next gun.....

Edited by RangerM9
  • 1 month later...
the Saiga .223 is a really good gun, but for a new shooter, unless you have a real reason to want centerfire power, such as long range shooting, I'd say go with something like a Ruger 10/22 to start off. Why?...Inexpensive, customizable to can be, hi cap mags are abundant, and accurate if you spend a bit to get a nice trigger job and decent barrel.

My first 10/22 quickly got an 18 inch bull barrel and matching stock for $80 from Midway, a good Simmons scope for about $100, and a $35 trigger job.....I have under $250 of improvements into a $180 base price gun, and it shoots great with cheap ammo....ruger 10/22... 2 cents a shot, Saiga .223 is 15 cents a shot...for Wolf.....probably the ceapest ammo you can get.....

Don't get me wrong.....nothing wrong with the saiga, i would just suggest you start with a .22 LR as your first gun. I have 6 .22s now....love them all...

Start there, if you love it, get a Saiga as your next gun.....

Word.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone , another new Saiga convert signing on! another positive word on the used Galil mags from CDNN, I bought 4 after the info i gathered reading all the previous posts here, Great site you have here BTW!!!! anyways back to the mags. 2 were lightly used ,minimal scratches and no wear to speak of ,the other 2 were moderate usage some scratches and some wear but far from worn out. Yes they had some light sand and dust inside the body but far from being caked on. there were no cracks or gouges either. all in all for 5 bucks a mag. I would call it a hell of a good buy! Hope the info helps if your thinking about getting some........

RU. :smoke:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so after reading this thread I went to CDNN and order 16 of the used and one of the new mags. Now I need to add a .223 saiga to the collection. Lately I have been a sucker for good mag deals for guns I do not even own but it has worked out well so far. I will post my results when they come in.

guess i'm the only one that got a bad bunch.

Maybe not; I've got a half-dozen of 'em arriving today, along with one of the 12rd steel mags. Will report on condition this evening. My gun came with 10 of the Orlite 35-rounders, about half of which were new. The others show minor scratches/dimpling/dirt, but work fine.

ETA: Nah, TW, I guess it is just you! :haha: My mags arrived from CDNN this afternoon, and every one of 'em is damn near mint! A couple of them have minor wear at the rear locking lug, and most of them have the tiniest of scuff marks from storage, but there's no way these things have actually been fielded.

And FWIW, the steel 12-rd grenade launcher mag fits and feeds in my converted Saiga with no modification required. Maybe I should pick up one of the 50-rounders now, just for grins? :eek:

they still function 100% and i'm going to refinish em anyway.

How does one "refinish" plastic?

Edited by shooter2

ohhhh great.

looks like i'll be ordering another batch! :super:

refinishing would involve flat matte black krylon "fusion" (for plastics) spray.

supposed to be some good shit that super bonds to plastics.

we shall see! :devil:

cheers to CDNN!

also, i refinished the busted one with spray on truck bedliner.

i also refinished the stock set on my remington 1100 with bedliner.

it fills in and conceals surface blemishes.

looks better than before, but i don't really care for the pebblely looking surface texture.

what is required to get a Galil mag to run in a Saiga?

Not sure exactly. I bought my gun secondhand; it had already been professionally converted by Arsenal USA. But just on cursory examination, it appears that the front of the mag well (and possibly the front trunnion) has been opened up, and the mag catch lever shaved down a bit at the top. Of course, the gun will also have to have a feed ramp ("bullet guide") installed. Additionally, the Orlite Galil mags need to have the front reinforcing rib ground down (a few seconds' work with a Dremel tool) so the mag will fit into the well.

Edited by shooter2