The ammount of Saiga rifles imported to the US is small, Russia buys far more from us than we do from them so we are not going to ruin a market because of a few (hundred thousand) rifles. It's no big deal now if they were buying intermediat range bullistic missiles that may be a cause for concern. Relax

• 3 months later...
Wonder where all the 7.62 ammo is? CNN also reported that Venezuela also took delivery of 25 MILLION rounds of ammo along with the AK's. :eek:

I thought the AK-103 was 5.45x39?

Anyway, ammo is up also because of the supply to Iraq and Afghanistan (sp?).

This is why I opted for a 223 Saiga recently.

Wanted the 308 but can't find those anywhere.

:ded: Here is some other bad news-the So African surplus ammo is drying up due to it complying with the UN on not exporting ammo to anywhere else in the world that it does not have a military contract with-so get it while you can!

8MM ammo is starting to rise also due to the cost of making it and the mil surplus stuff is drying up.

The 54r stuff is going up to, talked to a guy over at DSA and he said he recently bought some 'sniper' stuff-has the yellow and silver tip- paid $147 for 440 rounds-OUCH!!!

Maybe we need to look into 22lr conversion kits where needed.

I am going to be MORE of an ammo whore asap....just hope there is never a fire on my property!--- :cryss::ded::unsure::eek::lolol:

guess I have to get 5K rounds for each rifle caliber to make me feel safe!!!!

The 54r stuff is going up to, talked to a guy over at DSA and he said he recently bought some 'sniper' stuff-has the yellow and silver tip- paid $147 for 440 rounds-OUCH!!!

I have to get 5K rounds for each rifle caliber to make me feel safe!!!!

For that very reason I buy x54r by the case as much as possible...and i think i passed on some of that sniper ammo when it was half that much

This is a good reason to get rid of this wack job Chavez before he causes more problems in our hemisphere. He's already helped other communist dictators like Brazil's Lopez and Bolivia's Morales rise to power. Fortunately the Mexicans didn't elect the communist candidate this last election.

In addition to causing these problems he succeeded in drying up the Russian ammo supply and made my getting a Saiga shotgun more difficult.

Uzi, I agree with you most of the time but Hugo is just a lot of talk if he starts buying NK missiles and nukes we'll deal with him. He is just a punk and not worth our time we have other fish to fry. One day Hugo will be gone, All we would have to do is stop buying his oil and he's sunk. It's not worth a jungle war.

The ammo supply will return, take it easy