plastic not so fantastic

:cryss:

Hi Ive had my saiga for a few months now ,must have put a few thou rounds through it so far but now my

5 rnd mag keeps jamming half way down ,It runs off the guide and when I force it back on it makes a burr in the plastic which just makes it worse ,ive only been using the one mag so its had a lot of use ,Does this happen to everyone ,do you just buy lots of mags or what ,is there any way to fix it ,this is the only flaw I can find so far in this shotty otherwise its been great ,any suggetions would help

thanks

:cryss:

Hi Ive had my saiga for a few months now ,must have put a few thou rounds through it so far but now my

5 rnd mag keeps jamming half way down ,It runs off the guide and when I force it back on it makes a burr in the plastic which just makes it worse ,ive only been using the one mag so its had a lot of use ,Does this happen to everyone ,do you just buy lots of mags or what ,is there any way to fix it ,this is the only flaw I can find so far in this shotty otherwise its been great ,any suggetions would help

thanks

You done wore that mag out :killer: Id get a couple more and go on shooting,id be happy if a mag lasted 3-4000rds of continuous use.

It doesn't sound like a common problem. Please explain where this burr is being made or perhaps post a picture of it. Also, what "guide" are you referring to?

sorry I dont have enough techanil knowledge to take photos ,The guide I mean is the groove where the rim runs up and down and the last shell runs off and gets stuck in the thick part of the plastic stopping the spring from pushing the next round in ,hope this explains things better maybe ive just worn it out

It doesn't sound like a common problem. Please explain where this burr is being made or perhaps post a picture of it. Also, what "guide" are you referring to?

sorry I dont have enough techanil knowledge to take photos ,The guide I mean is the groove where the rim runs up and down and the last shell runs off and gets stuck in the thick part of the plastic stopping the spring from pushing the next round in ,hope this explains things better maybe ive just worn it out

Try a little dry lube,might help?

Dry lube is a good idea. Also have you switched ammo lately? There are slight differences between manufacturers rims.

And yes. You do buy "lots of Mags." :angel:

Dry lube is a good idea. Also have you switched ammo lately? There are slight differences between manufacturers rims.

And yes. You do buy "lots of Mags." :angel:

ok thanks ill try some dry lube and yes i use a big variety of brands of ammo so ill compare them and get back :smoke:

That little "burr" or nub, as I call it is pretty tough. But it is just glass reinforced plastic. That's more of a reason not to try the extra round stunt in either 5 or 8 rounders without using a shortened spring first. I use the 5 round spring in the 8 rounders. My "nubs" have held out beautifully. Perhaps there can be an epoxy and metal stud fix.

As a LAST resort heat an old tablekiife (stainless) on an electrirc or gas burner, tip only , and try to melt the burr back into place. A little finish sanding and dry lube should get it back into service. Get more mags--and NUMBER them. Always shoot the newest mags first. Leave the mag with the "history" for last-or even better, for only occasionally.

Ok I finally fixed the problem by sticking the rear side of the mag in a vise and applying a little pressure ,then I heated it slowly to reset the plastic ,I had to shave the follower a bit to make it fit but now it works great ,maybe my mag was made on a monday or something like that ,the dry lube works well too

If anyone else trys this do it slow and keep checking the shells are still sliding up and down

:smoke: