Funnt Target!

I was out today test firing a Tactical S-12 I just built and was giving it it's second run with slugs after firing a couple on the left side of the paper the other day. I put some penetrating oil on the rear sight and drifted it just a C hair to the right (one god tap) of the factory center mark then loaded a five rd mag and tried again.

First shot freestanding from 15 yds took ol' bin's left eye out! I looked at my buddy and said see I told ya these military shotguns don't fuck around. Backed up to 25 yds and said watch me take out his other one.

:devil::super::devil:

I figured I would stop there rather than try the ol Mel Gibson smiley face LOL. I think she's ready to go!

All we had left to shoot at was a frisbee in the golf cart so my buddy hung it up on a log and We dropped back to the 50 yd mark.

Bam! Freestanding again shot it about 1 1/2" below dead center! :smoke:

Ain't nuthin wrong with these basic ass sights...

post-1293-1155697914_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1155697964_thumb.jpg

Cobra, buddy. . .it's the irons that make your tale so cool. I am dicking around with my new '06 EXP-1 (no, it's not the EXP-1 version 30, but it's what thay call the EXP-1. . .DAMN!!!)

While waiting for my rail and optics to arrive, I added some Home Depot exterior white to the tippy-top of the front post, and two "dots" (actually square) to the rear blade. It shoots well. My temporary setup is a testiment to the Saiga 12 basic shoot-ability.

Thanks Cobra

Edited by inparidel

I got the set of sights that Russian American Armory sells and had Tony Rumore put them on for me. I had always heard that slugs could be shot at 75 and even 100 yds but had never tryed it for myself. I went to the range about 2 weeks ago to see what would happen. I was also curious as to what the drop would be like at those ranges. To my pleasent surprise thare was no drop at all! Even at 100 yds shooting from a bench with the S-12 laying on its carrying case I was able to hit dead on!!! I don't know if this is a testimony to The sights, the shotgun or Tony's work (probably all three) but I was highly impressed! It is good to know this will hit to point of aim at 100 yds.

Edited by Blaster

I've had good accuracy out to 100 as well with both the factory pistol style and adjustable rib sights right out of the box. What kind of sights are you referring to that RAA has for sale? Got a pic?

I was out today test firing a Tactical S-12 I just built and was giving it it's second run with slugs after firing a couple on the left side of the paper the other day. I put some penetrating oil on the rear sight and drifted it just a C hair to the right (one god tap) of the factory center mark then loaded a five rd mag and tried again.

First shot freestanding from 15 yds took ol' bin's left eye out! I looked at my buddy and said see I told ya these military shotguns don't fuck around. Backed up to 25 yds and said watch me take out his other one.

:devil::super::devil:

I figured I would stop there rather than try the ol Mel Gibson smiley face LOL. I think she's ready to go!

All we had left to shoot at was a frisbee in the golf cart so my buddy hung it up on a log and We dropped back to the 50 yd mark.

Bam! Freestanding again shot it about 1 1/2" below dead center! :smoke:

Ain't nuthin wrong with these basic ass sights...

Sweet shooting. Sorry, but I forwarded this to the army, and you may be getting a call real soon... you packed?

Last time my shooting was that good .... the muzzle blast started the target on fire.

hey, I can shoot that good too, but my problem is there would be 100 holes in there! I dont think the army likes that very much!

cobra - lets see ya draw your name ala 1920's style! gotta SIGN your artwork, right? :)

I got in trouble at the range for having pictures/targets of Bin Laden. I also had some of Nasrallah (Hezbollah fella...) I was scolded and told I could not shoot them. I'll never return to that range. Can't even shoot a "silhouette" of a humanoid. "Not unless you are a police officer!" Mmmmmmkay.

They supply targets with squirrels and bunnies. I wanted to find out what kind of animal the range officer had for a pet. My plan was to bring pictures of his breed cat/dog/canary/whatever and hang them up.

Pricks.

Edited by handyrandyrc

well, see me? I would just bring a picture of a big giant cock there and shoot that.

what range is this, and where are you? maybe some other members here might know the place and can "stop by" to give them a hard time when you arent there.

cant shoot a paladin target? cause you arent a fucking cop? LOL that is the stupidest bullshit I think ive heard all week, there.

last week's stupidest bullshit was a guy that owned a shop in florida telling me that my guy back home in NY didnt possibly have 7.62x39 ammo for 2.50 a box, as there is none ONLINE. and when I asked to use the phone, he walked into the other room after saying hed take ALL THE GUY HAS, after telling him he has 4 whole pallets of the stuff in his warehouse....some way to do business, aint it?

so sorry you dont hav emy vote for stupidest shit of the month, yet. its a definate contender, though.

I got in trouble at the range for having pictures/targets of Bin Laden. I also had some of Nasrallah (Hezbollah fella...) I was scolded and told I could not shoot them. I'll never return to that range. Can't even shoot a "silhouette" of a humanoid. "Not unless you are a police officer!" Mmmmmmkay.

We need to list all of the come back lines for this... Here, I'll start

Oh, that's ok, I'll practice on my neighbors.

Or

But, but, but .... I can't practice. All I plan to shoot with this gun HAS a humanoid shape.

Or

How bout a monkey, is that too close to human on the evolutionary tree?

Or

Is it ok if I buy your round target and cut it to the shape I need/want.

Or

Ok, I'll shoot at the round. But am I in trouble if I'm thinking of Bin Laden as I shoot?

I'm with BVAMP, I'd like to know where the range is.