low profile side mounts

The same ones that have been recommended to dozens of other people, in as many posts, on the same subject, in multiple sections of the forum.

I would recommend *READING* some of the previous posts, as well as the TECH SECTION, under "guest book" on the forum home page. Doing that will probably answer 95% of any questions you may have!!! :up:

I will also answer your question... although I have answered this same question for 3 other people here, in the past 2 weeks... They didnt read previous posts either...

EASTWAVE

:smoke:

Don't you find that answer a bit hostile? As a Newbie I find that a bit intimidating. Your answer took far more effort than A; answering the question, or B; not answering the question at all. You also seem to assume that all information is static. It is constantly changing and there are always new products on the market. The reason to have a forum is to interact with others about a shared interest; it isn't just a home for outdated archives, and the inevitable wild goose chase for the needed information. Your response makes the forum look like a place where the Newbie is unwelcome. I certainly feel unwelcome, and I'm pretty sure I'll be suspended and this post will be deleted.

PS: I'd've liked to have seen the latest info on this subject as well.

Jeff

".... and I'm pretty sure I'll be suspended and this post will be deleted."

Not on this forum, bro.

Sorry you were offended...but I understand where Indy is coming from. Year after year the same questions get asked, and that is why tech info is archived here.

One thing is for sure, internet message boards are not for the squeamish.

I certainly feel unwelcome, and I'm pretty sure I'll be suspended and this post will be deleted.

I am sorry you feel unwelcome, Psych...

And Bobash is correct... you wont get deleted or suspended on this forum for voicing your opinion.

Hostile? No... I wouldnt call that hostile... I would call it "Tough Love". Ya gotta be a little hard on the rookies to get them to understand they can make it on their own with a small amount of effort... we cant go handing EVERYONE, everything they want each time they ask on a silver platter... there are many sections of very valuable info, that many people spent a lot of time working on, experimenting, and posting it for the next guy. Easily found if people will just take the FEW MINUTES it takes to look for it...

See... the thing is... this exact same question gets posted and posted and posted... I literally have answered it three times in the past two weeks, and DOZENS of times, to as many people as well... All it takes is a FEW MINUTES of the rookies time to search the forums... not "search" but I guess I should say "peruse"...

If EVERY new person logs on and asks the same questions, without researching previous inputs, whats the point of even HAVING a forum that keeps all the old posts, and all the excellent, relevant, information previously discussed at length?!?!?

In that line of thought, we could save a SHITLOAD of bandwidth, and DELETE ALL POSTS that are more than say 1 month old... Max would save a TON of monthly cash in operating expenses, and we can answer everyones questions each time they come up, over and over and over again...

I hope you can appreciate my logic in this... I dont think I am being too harsh... I am trying to make a point, and this particular rookie just happened to be the one to be chided.

As a moderator I need to read and review EVERY SINGLE POST in every area of the forum... I probably spend at least an hour a day reading posts here, and re-reading posts. Some days, like weekends, SEVERAL hours a day. It is not a small task... especially in the S12 section... ( :lol: LOL ) As a moderator I feel it is my duty to help out as often as possible, and I am all about that... However, there comes a time when we need to nip major repeat questions in the bud...

Personally, I think a prerequisite to even being allowed to LOG ON with a new username is a complete requirement of reading of the tech section... There is SO MUCH info stored there that would curb 75% of repeat questions... THEN... after that... when someone asks something, chances are it will be a relatively new, or relevant question, that has not been discussed at severe length already, and everyone will be happy to jump in and add their 2 cents and help a fellow out...

Again... I hope you can appreciate my position here. I am not trying to be a dick... just to make people aware that they can answer MOST questions on their own if they just try a little bit harder.

Sorry guys. Did not mean to get everyone loading their mags. :smoke: lol

I should of checked the tech section first, I do not have my own computer and only get a few minutes to post and check replies every now and then. So I took a shortcut. Opinions vary and I wanted to buy only one, so I asked the "experts."

Thanks for the input by all. Much appreciated especially Indy, no offence taken.

Take care, glocklon

Well guys, I guess I'm relieved about the lack of censorship of ideas. I had a bad experience with the self-proclaimed "owner" of a Vietnam Gun Truck site who deleted eveything I ever wrote. (My icon is a picture of the replica gun truck "Psychotic Reaction" that I built). There's still a bad taste in my mouth after more than two years. And I guess I got up too early this AM! :angel:

Well guys, I guess I'm relieved about the lack of censorship of ideas. I had a bad experience with the self-proclaimed "owner" of a Vietnam Gun Truck site who deleted eveything I ever wrote. (My icon is a picture of the replica gun truck "Psychotic Reaction" that I built). There's still a bad taste in my mouth after more than two years. And I guess I got up too early this AM! :angel:

Hey man nice truck! You ever heard of a band called Trouble by chance?

....'PsychoticReaction'...<grind> Hell in disguise...

Grind on brother!

Doug

Yeah that's the one. Are they the same? My bust. I'm diggin it on my new .308! I'll prolly end up putting a 3x9 scope on there and putting the Aimpoint on my 410. :smoke:

Cobra,

Yeah, I just double checked to make sure and it's the same. It's weird though, I ordered mine a while back off their website, and it wasn't the one that was pictured. Sort of pissed me off at first but I liked it so no big deal. The ones Centerfiresystems caries is VERY close if not the same but a high mount, which has it's benefits but I like my scopes low as possible. How's Aimshot? I have a Berska red dot on the hipoint carbine but haven't used it yet........jury is still out. Hope I didn't go to far off topic.

Later,

Doug

I no longer own it, I'm sorry to say.
DUDE!!!!! Tell us you at LEAST got to keep the twin M-60's!!!!!!

Sweet lookin set of wheels for sure!!!! :up: :up:

" I am not trying to be a dick... "

Some of us, Indy, don't have to try. Right? lol

Nope! Comes natural to the best of us!! And I always say... if you are going to BE something be the BEST you can be!!! :lol: LOL :up: