Last year I sold my Llama 1911 after a long battle with it, the gun was very accurate but un-reliable, I took it to the gunsmith who sold it to me and had him try to fix it, he did fix some issues with it but still there were a few, I worked on it myself and finally got it working well, then like an idiot I sold it and bought a Berretta 92, well here we go again while the gun would eat any ammunition I could not hit anything with it. Well I put adjustable sites on it today and can't believe how well it's shooting after a few rounds to make sight adjustments. Now I'm happy with my pistol!!!!

Last year I sold my Llama 1911 after a long battle with it, the gun was very accurate but un-reliable, I took it to the gunsmith who sold it to me and had him try to fix it, he did fix some issues with it but still there were a few, I worked on it myself and finally got it working well, then like an idiot I sold it and bought a Berretta 92, well here we go again while the gun would eat any ammunition I could not hit anything with it. Well I put adjustable sites on it today and can't believe how well it's shooting after a few rounds to make sight adjustments. Now I'm happy with my pistol!!!!

Nice, I used to have one, it digested everyting on 9 mm but dont like PMC ammo to

much or some times at all.

topmaul,

i got a beretta m9 not too long ago. i love the pistol but i am looking into getting new sights, the factories arent the best.

What adjustable sights did you get, and from where?? Are they holding up good to recoil/slide movement??

thanks,

HOOP

92f was the first 9mm i shot....rented it at a range......good gun...and i still think of it as a gun to pick up one day....almost did a few years ago, but chose to go with the Steyr M9....a more compact package......i'm happy with my M9....but i still itch for the 92......it is sucha classic 9mm auto......thinking diehard, lethal weapon movies.....and...i'm a sucker for guns with exposed hammers.

that is why i want a Bersa .380 so bad.....or a CZ82/83.....whichever....

Let me just say that the only reason a bersa .380 has not come home with me in the past 6 months is that if i bring another gun home this year.....the wife will likely use it one me.....that bersa is for the money one of the best feeling guns i have run across.

I used to own a beretta 87. mine was somenehat lemony i think, but damn was it a really wonderfully refined and great feeling gun.......traded it for a GP100 .357 for deer hunting.....i got a deer with it...so i am pleased...

question though......anyone tried the Taurus version?....looks nearly identical except for safety....and i think i like the taurus safety better.....reminds me of my 87

Dumb question. I own a Llama 1911 and I like it, but I have a few questions. Seems like this would be a good place to ask.

1. What parts interchange with what version of the 1911? Just so I know and can buy spares.

2. It has an external extractor, it is 100% except for the extractor, that part is like 99%. Where can I get a replacement?

3. What kind of replacement sights will fit on it? It shoots straight, but very low.

/Thanks all.

Dumb question. I own a Llama 1911 and I like it, but I have a few questions. Seems like this would be a good place to ask.

1. What parts interchange with what version of the 1911? Just so I know and can buy spares.

2. It has an external extractor, it is 100% except for the extractor, that part is like 99%. Where can I get a replacement?

3. What kind of replacement sights will fit on it? It shoots straight, but very low.

/Thanks all.

[/quote

I guess look for a Llama forum, or contact Llama, I really can't answer your questions the gunsmith I bought it from went out of business.

/Thanks all.

[/quote

I guess look for a Llama forum, or contact Llama, I really can't answer your questions the gunsmith I bought it from went out of business.

Guys,

Try the 1911 Forum under "Other Manufacturers":

http://forums.1911forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32

• 2 weeks later...

Llama Compatibility Report

By Ross Robinson

Ross Robinson (e-mail at robinsor@cadvision.com) read my doubts about Llama's being exact copies of the M-1911 and he was kind enough to send me his findings on this subject. Thanks Ross.

The following parts fit with no modifications required:

Extractor, recoil spring, guide rod, recoil spring plug, firing pin stop, magazine, hammer, hammer strut, hammer pin, safety, sear, sear pin.

The following parts fit with some modification:

Barrel bushing, barrel, firing pin, magazine catch, grip safety, slide stop, trigger, sear spring, disconnector.