Tapco Folders

I put a tapco furniture set on my Saiga Rifle, does any one know it those Tapco Folders hold up? It seems a bit flimsey. I bought the tan set with a folder, SAW PG and a Galil hand guard wish I had not it gets dirty so fast.

I put a tapco furniture set on my Saiga Rifle, does any one know it those Tapco Folders hold up? It seems a bit flimsey. I bought the tan set with a folder, SAW PG and a Galil hand guard wish I had not it gets dirty so fast.

Bro , save some mula and get a ACE skeleton stock.

Dirty how? From the rifle itself? Would a different color have done better like black or the OD green?

I'll say this...

I have one of those on my 410 (my first Saiga and first conversion)

One night it was leaning against a wall while I slept...

The next morning I found the gun on the floor, where it had somehow fallen all by itself.

The hinge pin on the Crapco folder was laying in pieces on the floor beside my buttless gun :eek:

In their defense...I must mention that as soon as I called them and told them what happened they had a couple of extra pins in the mail to me asap. I put one in and still have one for backup.

I would not recommend this stock on anything stronger than the .410 I have it on.

I will say any older ones are crap-o-la. The conversion I did on forum member Mike's S-20 had a brand new one and it was of much higher quality. Nice & rigid. I fired the gun with it as well and it showed no signs of trouble.

I don't care for them because the are right-side folding and interfere with my meaty man-hands.

Topmaul-

I have the Tan Tapco folder on my .39, I feel it is a little flimsy too. It doesn't seem to to be solid when fully opened. I also got the tan SAW grip and the Saiga Galli handguard on it too. I noticed right away that the Tapco SAW grip gets dirty from your hands whether they are clean or not. So I sanded it all down lightly and repainted it with Brownells Alumahyde II. in Desert Tan. It gives it a smoother surface and does not hold dirt and grime as much, plus easy to wipe down. Just an idea.

I've got one on an S223 right now and it's alright considering what it is. I paid $35 for it new and at that price it was just what I was looking for, (a cheap folder for a conversion I was doing with a limited amount of money). You get an idea of what kind of craftsmanship you're dealing with when you see the screws it attaches with, (1" drywall screws). There is also a little bit of wiggle up and down if you apply a few pounds of pressure to it and it doesn't look like anything more than a $35 stock either.

Having said that however, it is lightweight, compact, cheap and functional. Also I like the way it folds up right next to the receiver. The Ace folder I have on my S308 is MUCH nicer, but when you fold it up the stock still lies about 1/2" away from the receiver

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Im just wondering is that tapco stuff compatible with the Saiga sporter 7.62x39??? If so I will buy it but I wasnt sure if it will fit on my Saiga.

It will fit but you can't make any changes to the existing imported firearm, such as folding stocks, high cap mags, etc. unless you do a full US 922r compliant conversion.

I am looking for a lower handgaurd with rails for mounting a foregrip and flashlight with a side folding stock can you please help me, oh and I emailed Tapco and asked them if any of there products are compatible with my Saiga Sporter 7.62x39 and they said only the Galil style handgaurd was none of the T6 is. :cryss:

Anything you can put on an AK will also fit on a Saiga.

The point is you have to first make sure there are no more than 10 imported parts on the weapon after you are done changing it around to suit your needs.

The point is you have to first make sure there are no more than 10 imported parts on the weapon after you are done changing it around to suit your needs.

I dont think mine will my rifle is stock no modifications like moving the trigger forward or anything. I have not found any pics or proof of a Saiga sporter with a T6 stock on it without the trigger being moved forward. If Im wrong please prove it to me because I really dont want to spend 114.00 dollars and find out it wont fit.

I dont think mine will my rifle is stock no modifications like moving the trigger forward or anything. I have not found any pics or proof of a Saiga sporter with a T6 stock on it without the trigger being moved forward. If Im wrong please prove it to me because I really dont want to spend 114.00 dollars and find out it wont fit.

If you don't move the trigger forward, there is nowhere to mount a pistol grip. You could probably still mount the T6 stock on it, but it would be PRETTY FUCKING AKWARD WITHOUT A PISTOL GRIP.

The front end gali guard from tapco will work. You can buy the rails from tapco for $12 and mount them to the gali style guard, and then attach a light or whatever to the sides. You can even attach a verticle forgrip to it, but when you do, you will create AN ASSAULT WEAPON that is ILLEGAL because it has too many foriegn parts. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS?

I just got one at a fun show for $35 but haven't tried it at the range yet. I got it to make my Saiga a smaller package easier to hide from the neighbors who would try to steal it. Otherwise I have no real use for a folding stock. I like the extended stock length (pull) when mounted after conversion.

If you don't move the trigger forward, there is nowhere to mount a pistol grip. You could probably still mount the T6 stock on it, but it would be PRETTY FUCKING AKWARD WITHOUT A PISTOL GRIP.

The front end gali guard from tapco will work. You can buy the rails from tapco for $12 and mount them to the gali style guard, and then attach a light or whatever to the sides. You can even attach a verticle forgrip to it, but when you do, you will create AN ASSAULT WEAPON that is ILLEGAL because it has too many foriegn parts. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS?

I know but if its all american made and it says compliant with 922 than its fine right??

I know but if its all american made and it says compliant with 922 than its fine right??

I am also looking for optics for my Saiga any recommendations?? Im kinda on a budget I found one called Kobra or cobra Ak reddot is that anygood??

No.

Riddle me this: When you are done putting this furniture on your Saiga and converting it into what the BATF deems and assault weapon, how many countable russian parts will you still have on your gun? How many?

Now I know I'm comming off as a prick here, and I'm sorry (hell of a week to quit smoking). 922R is unconstituional legislation, but it is still the law and can cause you legal problems if you don't understand this and comply with it.

If you want a folding stock or pistol grip, you need to go ahead and change out your FCG. It wasn't too difficult. I did it and I'm kinda retarded, plus I had never before seen the insides of a firearm. When I first heard about all this, I tried to do the same thing you did....basically anything but change out that FCG. In the end, we all have to do it.

No.

Riddle me this: When you are done putting this furniture on your Saiga and converting it into what the BATF deems and assault weapon, how many countable russian parts will you still have on your gun? How many?

Now I know I'm comming off as a prick here, and I'm sorry (hell of a week to quit smoking). 922R is unconstituional legislation, but it is still the law and can cause you legal problems if you don't understand this and comply with it.

If you want a folding stock or pistol grip, you need to go ahead and change out your FCG. It wasn't too difficult. I did it and I'm kinda retarded, plus I had never before seen the insides of a firearm. When I first heard about all this, I tried to do the same thing you did....basically anything but change out that FCG. In the end, we all have to do it.

FCG??? I dont know what that means LOL.

No.

FCG??? I dont know what that means LOL.

Someone please post a link to the FAQ for this guy. I can't find it.

Know there was a compilation of a bunch of abbreviations but can't find it either. Some are: FCG=fire control group (trigger group), FSB=front sight block, BHO=bolt hold open, LRBHO=last round bolt hold open, SBS=short barrel shotgun, SBR=short barrel rifle, FTF=failure to feed (when a mag doesn't feed properly), FTE=failure to eject, PG=pistol grip. Kao maybe this will get you started so you can learn the lingo. ;)

Know there was a compilation of a bunch of abbreviations but can't find it either. Some are: FCG=fire control group (trigger group), FSB=front sight block, BHO=bolt hold open, LRBHO=last round bolt hold open, SBS=short barrel shotgun, SBR=short barrel rifle, FTF=failure to feed (when a mag doesn't feed properly), FTE=failure to eject, PG=pistol grip. Kao maybe this will get you started so you can learn the lingo. ;)

Thx.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if Crapco, or Pieceofshitco, will ever make anything out of metal. Bill @ Crapco got everyone over on SKS boards all excited when he dropped in and told everyone they were making good detachable mags for the SKS soon. What he didn't tell everyone is that, of course, they will be made from plastic.

I am not a fan of plastic mags on a firearm, which is why I got rid of my S-.308. I was hoping that Daewoo and later whoever over at FBMG would make their mags out of steel. ~50 a mag for a cheap ass plastic mag? No thanks. Adios S-.308.

I'll be getting some x39 Saigas soon (ar one x39 and one .223, I haven't decided).

Sorry if anyone from TAPCO is reading this, but, damn, make something out of metal. And $50 for the Galil HG?!?!?!?!

Sorry for the rant; please don't flame me too hard.

Edited by BlenderWizard
I wonder if Crapco, or Pieceofshitco, will ever make anything out of metal. Bill @ Crapco got everyone over on SKS boards all excited when he dropped in and told everyone they were making good detachable mags for the SKS soon. What he didn't tell everyone is that, of course, they will be made from plastic.

I am not a fan of plastic mags on a firearm, which is why I got rid of my S-.308. I was hoping that Daewoo and later whoever over at FBMG would make their mags out of steel. ~50 a mag for a cheap ass plastic mag? No thanks. Adios S-.308.

I'll be getting some x39 Saigas soon (ar one x39 and one .223, I haven't decided).

Sorry if anyone from TAPCO is reading this, but, damn, make something out of metal. And $50 for the Galil HG?!?!?!?!

Well...........

All of the Tapco "Plaztik" furniture I got for my Saiga has held up nicely so far. I have never used a folding stock from them, but my T6 Collapsible stock is not shit, rather it is TEH Shiznit. As for customer service, these guys are awsome. They bend over backwards to make sure you are happy. On my handguard, I overtightened a bolt and broke it. I called them and told them what I did and that it was my fault. They appologized for my inconvenience anyway and sent me another one at no charge. One time, a part I ordered was on backorder. It stated this when I ordered it. They still sent me some free shit with my order for "having to wait" for the original part.

As for plastic as a medium for parts and mags, well don't the original Saiga mags come in plastic? They hold up good don't they? Isn't ProMag touted as the best made aftermarket mags? Do they even make steel mags?

Edited by Vermiform

Well...........

All of the Tapco "Plaztik" furniture I got for my Saiga has held up nicely so far. I have never used a folding stock from them, but my T6 Collapsible stock is not shit, rather it is TEH Shiznit. As for customer service, these guys are awsome. They bend over backwards to make sure you are happy. On my handguard, I overtightened a bolt and broke it. I called them and told them what I did and that it was my fault. They appologized for my inconvenience anyway and sent me another one at no charge. One time, a part I ordered was on backorder. It stated this when I ordered it. They still sent me some free shit with my order for "having to wait" for the original part.

As for plastic as a medium for parts and mags, well don't the original Saiga mags come in plastic? They hold up good don't they? Isn't ProMag touted as the best made aftermarket mags? Do they even make steel mags?

Yeah, their T6 stock for the AK is pretty cool. I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings with that post.

And, all I said is that I do not like plastic mags on firearms. On the other hand, I would point out that the S-12 mags have a plastic skin but a steel skeleton, IIRC.

Well...........

Yeah, their T6 stock for the AK is pretty cool. I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings with that post.

And, all I said is that I do not like plastic mags on firearms. On the other hand, I would point out that the S-12 mags have a plastic skin but a steel skeleton, IIRC.

No feelings hurt. You've obviously been doing this alot longer than I have. I do like my plastic ProMags, but we will have to see how well they hold up. I might be bitching about them a year from now.

No feelings hurt. You've obviously been doing this alot longer than I have. I do like my plastic ProMags, but we will have to see how well they hold up. I might be bitching about them a year from now.

I dunno how much longer than you I've been doing this, but I simply do not like plastic mags.