Gas setting

As far as the settings go, do you use setting 2 for all 2.75 sells including slugs or would the slugs need to used on setting 1.

Thanks,

Doug

Use gas setting 1 for slugs. The only difference could be if you are using low recoil slugs. They might not have enough UMPH! to cycle properly on setting 1. And might i suggest a recoil buffer from blackjackbuffers.com. Good stuff

The only thing i use gas setting 2 for is the low power birdshot that comes in the 100 rnd cases from walmart. Those dont cycle well for me on setting 1

Try setting 1 for everything, if it won't eject, then try setting 2.

I agree!

My gun runs fine with setting 1 on all ammo I use. NB that I use 32 gr birdshot, not the skeet ammo that they sell cheap.

If using 2 for gas setting, you might experience feeding problems due to a bit too fast bolt cycling on certain shells (i.e. slugs).

Low recoil ammo could still require setting 2. Try a few mags and see.

• 5 weeks later...

+1 GOB

You can cut the barrel down to 11" and it will run on 2.75" slugs and buckshot.

I have received several guns from customers, where they have screwed the gas regulator out quite a ways. It appears that every time they moved the gas setting, they unscrewed it to the next position. You need to keep the regulator screwed into the manifold is far as possible, then back it up to the setting you want.

Tony