Hey guys,

anyone have any experience with the XD 9mm pistols?

trying to pick a 9mm for my wife, she likes the feel of the xd subcompact over the glock 26.....so do i actually...but just looking for first hand knowledge on the XDs

thanks

Hello, Ranger

My wife qualified for her CHL with a 4" XD-9. She just loved it! I had a Glock 36 for her, (single-stack 45 ACP) but she really wasn't too keen on the 45.

I'm gonna get her a XD-9 in 4", or maybe a XD-9 sub-compact for her birthday, depending on how the sub feels to me. Looks like the hi-cap subcompact 9mm holds 12+1, that's acceptable firepower w/ a 9, I guess...

I have a XD .45 ACP w/ 4" barrel, it's hands-down my favorite pistol. Kinda bulky for concealed carry, but wow, sure do like that 13+1 capacity! Shoots like pointing 'yer finger, too. It's my next-to-the-bed house pistol, now, I want another for a "truck gun". They hinted that there may be a .45 ACP sub-comp. after the first of the year...

Respectfully posted,

Guido2 in Houston

• 2 weeks later...

WOW... ya know, its funny... I just shot my buddies XD-40 today for the first time... ( well first time *I* shot it, I mean. LOL )

I know the 40 is not the 9 mm, but I wanted to pipe in here...

I SCHOOLED him with his own pistol. on my *FIRST TIME SHOOTING IT* :lol::up: :up:

Out of ten rounds, on the silhouette target at 25 yards... I shot a 98. Check out the pic!!! :up:

He was gut shooting the poor thing with every every magazine... I cant figure out WHY hes shooting LOW... but I had all of them right in there... 4 in the X ring, 4 in the 10 ring, and 2 "fliers" in the 9 ring... GO ME!!!

(Yeah... I am kinda hyped that I shot it so well! LOL)

I would say if the XD9 shoots anything like the XD40... its a great little pistol! :up:

:smoke:

silouette1.jpg

Get a 40 cal model. You can then go to a .357 sig or 9mm barrel and use the same mags with no mods.

13 rounds of .40 or .357 sig - or 17 rounds of 9mm. I got an EFK Firedragon 9mm barrel for S150.

If you get a 9mm, you can't go up to the .40's & .357's...

Awesome weapon & ultra dependable. I take this out more than the G-17. :super: ...and that has been my baby for years! I'm hoping Springfield puts out a 10mm now that they have the .45 ACP chambered guns!

Here's mine all crayola & oiled up...

post-2093-1160282344_thumb.jpg

post-2093-1160282388_thumb.jpg

Get a 40 cal model. You can then go to a .357 sig or 9mm barrel and use the same mags with no mods.

13 rounds of .40 or .357 sig - or 17 rounds of 9mm. I got an EFK Firedragon 9mm barrel for S150.

If you get a 9mm, you can't go up to the .40's & .357's...

Awesome weapon & ultra dependable. I take this out more than the G-17. :super: ...and that has been my baby for years! I'm hoping Springfield puts out a 10mm now that they have the .45 ACP chambered guns!

Here's mine all crayola & oiled up...

post-2093-1160282344_thumb.jpg

post-2093-1160282388_thumb.jpg

Dinzag,

didn't know about the rebarreling options on the XD, knew you could do it on the Glock and Steyr though.

very intersting.

I was actually looking at the subcompact for my wife.....