is there a good drop in replacement trigger for the saiga 308, and you dont have to add a pistol grip? I hate these "S" curved triggers, but I like the look of the stock rifle.

I'm pretty sure that no one is making aftermarket triggers for the S308, but you could probably pick up a trigger setup for a .223 or 7.62x39 Saiga for free. Generally after doing the conversion nobody wants those parts too much. The trigger on either of those rifles is a completely different setup than on the .308. You would have to drill two holes in each side of your receiver to make it work, but you would have a conventionally shaped trigger afterwards.

Here's another idea for you. Simply make a new trigger. If you take the existing trigger, cut the rear portion off, build a new trigger blade out of aluminum and epoxy the two together I think it would work quite well.

A small piece of aluminum like that could be easily made with simple tools in about an hour and the existing trigger has plenty of bends and grooves where the epoxy could get a good grip on things.

Best of all, if you mess things up there ought to be literally hundreds of unwanted stock triggers available out there.

It doesn't have to be incredibly strong. The trigger pull on a Saiga is probably about 6 lbs. and the trigger is protected by a trigger guard. I would think a JB weld type epoxy would be more than adequate for that. Also the existing trigger is essentially a rolled piece of sheet metal. After trimming off the trigger blade itself, there would still be a "U" shaped channel to epoxy the new blade into.

It could work with epoxy, but DONT EVER use jb weld. I am a welder by trade and everyone ive seen who uses jb weld comes in disappointed, whether its a big or a very small fix. If the jb does'nt hold on the trigger lets say, then it has to be fixed, and jb doesnt come off worth crap and redoing the jb would be stupid. Im not trying to say it might not work, but there are way better alternatives then using epoxy.

I like the synthetic stock on my rifle but the trigger action is weird. I'd like to try to make a new steel trigger blade and MIG-weld it onto a sawed-off stock trigger. Does anyone have a stock trigger left over from a pistol-grip conversion that I could buy?

A thousand thanks.

I like the synthetic stock on my rifle but the trigger action is weird. I'd like to try to make a new steel trigger blade and MIG-weld it onto a sawed-off stock trigger. Does anyone have a stock trigger left over from a pistol-grip conversion that I could buy?

A thousand thanks.

I'll see if I can find mine but don't hold your breath.