Attn: JeuxE

Well?

.....sad, sad tale............

It's a little after 2 AM on Sunday night now. Friday morning, about 10 minutes after I drove out to pick up my gun, I had to pick up my 86-year-old mother and drive her out to an annual reunion in West Hell, Texas. Got there very late, and was Saturday morning before I even got a chance to open it !! Here I sit with 86 y.o. Mom and 95 y.o. Aunt for 2 days, unable to leave them alone..........with my Saiga sitting in my vehicle calling to me with great insistance................and to no avail................

It's very nearby now,with a little plate of 3" mag 00's, mixed with a few 2 3/4" 00's, and sprinkled with a garnish of 2 3/4" lead slugs, (kinda like the treat for Santa.....) and I'm waiting impatiently for the sun to come up.

More later today..........can't wait. IT'S SO DAMNED SWEET !!! (Pix verrrrrry soon.........)

Jeaux

Edited by Jeaux E

........and oh how sweet it was !!!!!! Ran 50 thru it this afternoon, and it's truly awesome !!! All 3", all 2 3/4", mixed mags......... Not a picky eater.......!!! Such a rush !!! Want my 8's & 10's right now........

Really a kick-ass weapon !!! This is, of course, my first Saiga.......and I got just exactly what I wanted, just the way I wanted it !!! THANX TONY !!!!!!!! (and the Shark Brake , OMG !!!! ......"we don't need no stinkin' bayonets........) (heh, heh, heh, heh, heh............)

Already with only one day in, I'm gettin' some "what the hell is that???? what caliber????" "what?? that's a 12????"

......a helluva good time !! I'm gonna have lots of fun with this !!! (......and I'll be handing out the TROMIX website address a good bit too, I'm thinkin')

Still trying to catch up from the trip to Texas........will get pix up ASAP !!! Keeping it in the Browning next to the Maadi, which will make the formal introductions.............. being cousins and all.............

AGAIN, THANKS TONY!! TROMIX IS TOP-NOTCH !!!!

Jeaux

.......for newbies and prowlers, that's www.tromix.com !!!!! Get the shotgun you've REALLY always wanted.......... TROMIX !!

Edited by Jeaux E

........shameless ????? I have NO SHAME !!!!

Up to less than a year ago, I'd never even heard of Saiga........(still can't remember just exactly how I heard about them.....) (hell....a shotgun with a Kalashnikov action?????) When I did hear about them, I went off scouting thru the internet and came across this site......... Lurked, snooped and prowled for a long time, and discovered TROMIX (Tony)........really impressive !!!! Impressive enough for me to actually go to Tony's shop and see the source !!!! (then I was really impressed !!!!) Bought my Saiga 12 right then. (....Proceeded to hold my breath for 30 days until it came in!!!!!)

Now....... If I find anything of quality, much less a quality item (Saiga) taken to its ultimate (TROMIX conversions), then I'm going to pass that along. There are people lurking here just like I was back then, and newbies who have just come in..........and if I can, as a greatly satisfied owner of a TROMIX gun, impart that information to these folks early on, then that's what's gonna happen !!!!

I also greatly appreciate this forum........ Great people in here, and gun info in any area you want !!

So....... If you lurkers, prowlers, and newbies are actually giving consideration to a Saiga, and you want it at it's ultimate level........contact Tony at TROMIX and GET THE SHOTGUN YOU'VE REALLY ALWAYS WANTED!!

So there..................!! Joe

Edited by Jeaux E
........shameless ????? I have NO SHAME !!!!

Up to less than a year ago, I'd never even heard of Saiga........(still can't remember just exactly how I heard about them.....) (hell....a shotgun with a Kalashnikov action?????) When I did hear about them, I went off scouting thru the internet and came across this site......... Lurked, snooped and prowled for a long time, and discovered TROMIX (Tony)........really impressive !!!! Impressive enough for me to actually go to Tony's shop and see the source !!!! (then I was really impressed !!!!) Bought my Saiga 12 right then. (....Proceeded to hold my breath for 30 days until it came in!!!!!)

Now....... If I find anything of quality, much less a quality item (Saiga) taken to its ultimate (TROMIX conversions), then I'm going to pass that along. There are people lurking here just like I was back then, and newbies who have just come in..........and if I can, as a greatly satisfied owner of a TROMIX gun, impart that information to these folks early on, then that's what's gonna happen !!!!

I also greatly appreciate this forum........ Great people in here, and gun info in any area you want !!

So....... If you lurkers, prowlers, and newbies are actually giving consideration to a Saiga, and you want it at it's ultimate level........contact Tony at TROMIX and GET THE SHOTGUN YOU'VE REALLY ALWAYS WANTED!!

So there..................!! Joe

.......been tied up and haven't gotten pix up of my TROMIX S-12. I now find my digital camera is shooting kinda blurred, but finally got a couple of half-ass decent shots of it, and now can't get them to upload as attachments.....Until I can get THAT worked out, just look at my avatar and picture it with an EO Tech 511, Krebs Ghost Ring sights (to use when the EO Tech is off),Shark Brake, and vented handguard...........and that's my new TROMIX S-12 !!!!! I'll post the pix ASAFP !!!!

(A little subliminal nudge for Tony: shirt, shirt, shirt, shirt............)

Jeaux

Edited by Jeaux E
lol

.........Hey Bob........I plan to post to this thread every now and then just to catch the newbies, etc., who haven't seen it yet.... strictly as a TROMIX satisfied customer testimonial !!!!!

Tony DID mention to me to remind him about the shirt, and this was just a good place to do it and toss the plug at the same time !!!! Yeah, yeah, yeah...........shameless, I know.................

(a little subliminal nudge for you: update on the new gun, update on the new gun, update..........)

Joe

You're getting me all fired up now. Tony dropped my Saiga in the mail on Friday so I should be getting it early this week. I can't wait to light up the gun range.

Hungryjack,

Not only are you going to light up the range, but some folks are going to break their necks when they see it!! Everywhere I've taken it, it's been like someone flipped the switch on a huge electromagnet...............(had the guys at one of my local gunshops I frequent actually leave their customers when I unbagged it....!) Went to a gun show today here in Little Rock.......everyone wanted to buy it !!!

(Passed out the TROMIX website a lot today.........)

Nosing around IN THIS SITE, I found the answer to my problem, of course........ (Photobucket!!)

Here"s the pix, blurry as they are.......... DSCN1242.jpgDSCN1235.jpgDSCN1240.jpgDSCN1236.jpg

Edited by Jeaux E

Jeaux E,

Congrats on the new gun. shes a looker! Im coming up to little rock the end of this week to visit some family for a while. Where do you usually go shoot? You up for a new shootin' buddy in the next couple weeks? Id really like to get a look in person at one of tonys creations. When i lived in little rock i didnt know too many saiga guys in the area. Nice to know you're there holdin' it down

HOOP

Jeaux E,

Congrats on the new gun. shes a looker! Im coming up to little rock the end of this week to visit some family for a while. Where do you usually go shoot? You up for a new shootin' buddy in the next couple weeks? Id really like to get a look in person at one of tonys creations. When i lived in little rock i didnt know too many saiga guys in the area. Nice to know you're there holdin' it down

HOOP

.......Hoop, if you're coming to Little Rock, I'd LOVE to show you my Tromix S-12 !! If you've never actually seen one in person, then it'd be a good time to hold one in your hands !!!!

I'm the construction project coordinator for an engineering company here, and go to most of the working projects every day.......... When I go to the rural projects, that's where I shoot....... Sometimes from Prescott to Pocahontas in a days time.........six days a week from time to time, depending on the push.....

So, we'll have to play that by ear.......but we can likely get a round or two off while you're here !!

I'd damn sure like to buy you a beer or whatever at the very least !!! I admire your choice to go to the military, and we all salute you !!

I'll send a PM with the necessary contact info!! Call me when you get here!

Joe

If memory serves it's an 18"...right Joe?

Man I want to come out shooting with you guys...me and Joe never did get to do any drinking- no alcohol at the machine gun shoot.

Edited by BobAsh
If memory serves it's an 18"...right Joe?

Man I want to come out shooting with you guys...me and Joe never did get to do any drinking- no alcohol at the machine gun shoot.

.......yep, it's 18" and a shark brake...... those pix really don't do it justice (I'll do better.....)

......the opportunity will come up for that drinking at some point , I'll bet... drove up to Alpena the day of the shoot this time, but next time there (or whatever else presents itself...) I'll just come up the night before. (That was the Alpena Hilton, right ???)

.... besides that, I plan on obtaining a new rifle early next year (heh, heh, heh....), and, as is my custom, that'll likely involve some travel......could also involve some drinking...........