My first conversion

we knew you could do it, have you fired it yet? I have the folder tan set on mine.

Yuppers, put another hundred rounds through it. I'll have to get used to the new trigger, the pull is alot lighter now. Feeds fine.

Of course, I still have the safety issue, but I will be fixing that today I hope. I debating about just going out and getting a wire welder but I never used one before. I have done alot of arc-welding, but that wouldn't work here. I'm just gonna take my safety down one of the welding shops and get him to put a little bit of metal on it, then I will bring it home and grind it back off as needed.

Is there a bayo lug on that? or is it simply my wishful thinking?

Sincerely doubt it, but to be honest, I don't even know what they look like. Gimme a close up shot of one, and I will tell you for sure.

Another picture of someone sliding a bayonette on and off of an ak would be groovy too!

Sincerely doubt it, but to be honest, I don't even know what they look like. Gimme a close up shot of one, and I will tell you for sure.

Another picture of someone sliding a bayonette on and off of an ak would be groovy too!

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?prod...=292&page=1

ta-da, gas chamber bayo lug

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?prod...=292&page=1

ta-da, gas chamber bayo lug

Nopers, no bayonet lug on mine. Just wishful thing bro. Would be nice huh?

I can't tell for sure (second pic in first post) but did you fill the 2 holes on each side where the original trigger pins were? Right above your p-grip. You may already have it done and if so disregard the post, but at least to me it looks like they are open. You can get nylon plug fillers that will pop in there and it will look just like a factory rivet.......or real close to it. Just get the dull ones not gloss. Most hardware stores should have them.

Doug

I can't tell for sure (second pic in first post) but did you fill the 2 holes on each side where the original trigger pins were? Right above your p-grip. You may already have it done and if so disregard the post, but at least to me it looks like they are open. You can get nylon plug fillers that will pop in there and it will look just like a factory rivet.......or real close to it. Just get the dull ones not gloss. Most hardware stores should have them.

Doug

Yes they are open. I know, I know, they look like ass, but I am going through one of those phases where I hate people, especially groups of people (maybe I'm just gearing up for the holidays) and I have been putting off going to Home Depot.

No I think the conversion looks really good (now go start your .308). I just didn't notice that the first time around. I know what you mean about people and holidays.......it's just gonna get worse. I thought you were going postal there with your I really hate people line :cryss: You can just go to ACE hardware or a mom & pop and spend about a buck and be complete! Well, then you will need some opticts.

Later,

Doug

No I think the conversion looks really good (now go start your .308).

I promised myself I wouldn't start the 308 conversion until I was done with my x39. I still haven't solved my safety issue. I know what needs to be done, I just haven't done it yet.

You can just go to ACE hardware or a mom & pop and spend about a buck and be complete!

I didn't even think about that. There is one down the street that I like to support.

Hey,

I just joined the forum. This conversion looks really, really good!. Did you work with a step by step set of instructions list and good parts list? I'd like to convert mine.

You can PM me if this is SPAM for everyone else. I'm sure this has been asked a 1000 times.

Steve

Hey,

I just joined the forum. This conversion looks really, really good!. Did you work with a step by step set of instructions list and good parts list? I'd like to convert mine.

You can PM me if this is SPAM for everyone else. I'm sure this has been asked a 1000 times.

Steve

Go to the Guestbook part of the forum and check out the Tech section. There is plenty of info there for you on conversions and other topics.