New member, new Saiga

I bought a new Saiga at a gun show in Marietta Ga earlier today. The guy had one .308 with him, the 16" model, for $350 (I really wanted the 22", but you can't always get what you want.). Unfortunately, he didn't have any extra clips. I also bought 40 rounds of .308 for target practice. He had some Wolf steel cased, but I opted for the S&B. Everything totaled out at $385.00.

I haven't really decided if or how I'll make any changes to the rifle as it looks pretty evil to me right now, but if I do, I know I'll be asking a heap of questions.

Edited by Hylndr
Great buy - you will be back for the 22" later.

Actually, I've already started to look for it. One gun shop I checked with told me his distributor was expecting some, they just haven't arrived. I'll check back with him in a couple of weeks.

Welcome,take a look around and ask any questions you need,there are some very knowledgeable Saiga nuts here. Now repeat after me....conversion....conversion....conversion :angel:

Yes, Master! I will convert my .308! I will convert my .308! I will convert my .308!

Which parts should I target, where can I aquire them, & how hard are they to install? I'm asking because I'm not very handy.

Great buy - you will be back for the 22" later.

Actually, I've already started to look for it. One gun shop I checked with told me his distributor was expecting some, they just haven't arrived. I'll check back with him in a couple of weeks.

Welcome,take a look around and ask any questions you need,there are some very knowledgeable Saiga nuts here. Now repeat after me....conversion....conversion....conversion :angel:

Yes, Master! I will convert my .308! I will convert my .308! I will convert my .308!

Which parts should I target, where can I aquire them, & how hard are they to install? I'm asking because I'm not very handy.

Welcome aboard! The S-308 has become my favorite Saiga. Well maybe it's a tie with the S-12 but anyway the 308s fucking rule. My 22" is very accurate and I couldn't be happier.

One tip my friend, the S-308 does not use a clip it uses a magazine and trust me... you want to refer to them as such on gun forums lest the magnotclip-nazis get their mitts into you.

Anyway we're all glad you've chosen to join us. This is a lively if not always fun group here and you can speak your mind here unless you're a bigot, thankfully they don't last here very long.

Ah grasshoppa,go to the Guest Book,look under Tech Section,that will be your starting point.Theres lots of info to read up on before you get started.Its not that hard (Easy realy) but you do need a tad bit of handyness.

One tip my friend, the S-308 does not use a clip it uses a magazine and trust me... you want to refer to them as such on gun forums lest the magnotclip-nazis get their mitts into you.

Oops! Sorry about that.

Clips bad! Magazines GOOD!!!!!!

Edited by Hylndr

Ah grasshoppa,go to the Guest Book,look under Tech Section,that will be your starting point.Theres lots of info to read up on before you get started.Its not that hard (Easy realy) but you do need a tad bit of handyness.

Much obliged. I'll check out the Tech Section in a little while.

welcome aboard!

And clips are what you use to load mags - as in stripper clips. :) So you can use the term clip, just use it properly to avoid the word nazis. ;)

Oh, and you will find that the 16" version has it's merits - is very handy and a real hoot to shoot.

welcome aboard!

And clips are what you use to load mags - as in stripper clips. :) So you can use the term clip, just use it properly to avoid the word nazis. ;)

Oh, and you will find that the 16" version has it's merits - is very handy and a real hoot to shoot.

M-1 Garand clips load what magazine? :haha: word- :osama: