Is High cap mag shipped rifle from RAA legal?

Went to a gun show this weekend and the one of the dealers there had all sorts of Saigas, One of them was a 7.62x39 rifle for 339 that he claimed came from RAA with 20 round mags, and was legal that way. I asked him if he got the rifle second hand or was it imported that way and he said he got it that way(he was elusive wether it was from RAA or he aquired it but there were no compliance parts on the gun) and he said it was the mags that made it legal(the mags just looked like romy twenty round tankers). I am guessing he is full of bs and the gun was modified by some one after market(grount mag release) from what I saw.

Sounds like BS. Better safe than sorry!

Went to a gun show this weekend and the one of the dealers there had all sorts of Saigas, One of them was a 7.62x39 rifle for 339 that he claimed came from RAA with 20 round mags, and was legal that way. I asked him if he got the rifle second hand or was it imported that way and he said he got it that way(he was elusive wether it was from RAA or he aquired it but there were no compliance parts on the gun) and he said it was the mags that made it legal(the mags just looked like romy twenty round tankers). I am guessing he is full of bs and the gun was modified by some one after market(grount mag release) from what I saw.
I'm betting it is a Surefire (not to be confused with the flashlight brand).

Saiga 30rd mag

And I sincerely doubt RAA would ship them with the rifle. Why would they go out of their way to draw more attention from Uncle BATFuck to their rifles.

We are a RAA Distributor and they Do Not Ship ANY Hi Cap mags with their rifles . What you may see are the Surefire converted mags that are modified to work with the Saiga rifles, we sell these mags also and they fall into a grey area in regards to legality of use in a Non 922r compliant rifle.

Edited by Atlantic Firearms.com