New Member Appreciates the Advice..Love my Saiga

I purchased a Saiga 223 with the Draganov stock and equipped it with a 4X24 POSP scope. I've been shooting Golden Bear ammo and cannot believe the value and performance of these rounds. I let everyone fire my Saiga and nobody has had a problem putting rounds in a 6" able at 100 yards.

Good looking rifle. The Dragunov stock looks cool just be careful that you keep your rifle (922r compliant).

I just got a 7.62 and was going to put the Izhmash factory pistol grip s folding stock on it only to find out I would have been breaking the law. The problem was that the pistol grip feature would change the sporting rifle designation of my Saiga. You may know about this 922r stuff already but maybe it will help the next guy.

:blink:

Give this thread a try for further enlightenment.................

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showto...mp;hl=thumbhole

Congrats on the new .223!

I have the 20.5" and have only put about 50 rounds thru it. It is awesome. I have already ordered the parts to convert it into a Dragunov "style" with a forward FCG, U.S. gas piston and Choate stock. I will be all set to go to hi-caps if I want in the future.

Good luck, Good Shooting!

Saiga Sickness is in full bloom! :killer:

I'm not going to modify anything but magazines, I like the way it is...it shoots great.

That rifle looks NICE (sort of a mini-SVD)! And you're right - if you have a rifle that shoots great, you're often better off not messing with it. (I had a friend who had a Ruger No. 1 in .270 that was actually capable of 1" groups with factory ammo. Then he started changing things... and ended up selling the rifle "because it wouldn't shoot"... ;>)