First Saiga

So I bought a Saiga .223 a week ago. I really just wanted another .223 and the price seemed to good to pass up. So I found this forum before I bought it and everyone seemed to REALLY like their Saigas. So at that point, I am really not expecting too much out of this "cheap" gun. The plastic stock isn't exactly flattering. So I buy one, I cleaned the barrel out and all the extra oil and took it to the range. First 8 shots out of 10 are on the paper plate at 100 yds with the factory sights with no adjustment at all!! I was shooting off of my elbows resting on a a picnic table with old Malayasian surplus ammo. I was just shooting to see if I could hit the plate at all and didn't really take my time and aim overly careful. I'm pretty damn impressed!!

If it wasn't pouring rain and freezing cold I would have shot it some more. I am anxious to hopefully get out this weekend and really see if I can make some small groups.

post-4463-1163732702_thumb.jpg

Edited by BlackDog

While Im a bit prejudice towards Saigas (I love mine...almost as much as my ARs...don't let those fussy, overly-emotional ARs hear that!) the Saiga is one hell of a weapon. Its no joke...especially when you look at the value performance vs cost. It is awesome.

Blackdog,

Welcome aboard!!!

Just so you know...this is the beginning of the end for you. Soon, one saiga will turn into two, which will turn into four, and so one......you get

the idea

I was out at the range this morning with the 223 and i swear, every time i shoot it i fall in love a little more... Enjoy that saiga bro

shoot safe shoot often!

Welcome!

I especially love how my 223 throws the spent casings into the next county! :super:

"Next county" is OK - after all, you don't want anyone sneaking up on you from the side (like my dog, right now. I have to go - my collie boy is planting his chin on the keyboard, wanting his 'after dinner treat'... ;>)

Next you will have to convert it to pistol grip configuration..........It is even more fun ............

Pistol grip, plus Romy folding stock from Scott at DPH Arms - that's what I'm looking at.

"Yah, that's the ticket..."

;>)

(Just need to get the gas piston swapped out for an American unit, to balance out the Romy stock... ;>)