Just a heads up .....great lookn guns.....Ill have a crate myself.

http://www.akforum.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=115667#115667

Thanks....my nephew really wanted a Springfield for Christmas, but I think one of these and some ammo will make him more than happy. I hope Santa brings him a pillow for his shoulder. I ordered 2.

Heck yeah.....he will love it.....see ya got one for yourself as well.....have fun shootn them together!

• 3 weeks later...

Put 40 rounds through it today of the silver tip stuff. I have to say, after all the flack these rifles get, I was pretty impressed. It was a few inches left on a 6" able at 100 yards. Action worked fine...trigger a little funny but not to shabby for $90 and 880 rounds at 10 cents a piece..

Put 40 rounds through it today of the silver tip stuff. I have to say, after all the flack these rifles get, I was pretty impressed. It was a few inches left on a 6" able at 100 yards. Action worked fine...trigger a little funny but not to shabby for $90 and 880 rounds at 10 cents a piece..

Shoot with the bayonet out (I'm going off an assumption that yours is an M-44) and your groups should come back in to zero (at least closer)

I got my 3 laminated stocks today....man these are nice. My dad and brother are gonna love thier Christmas gift!

I'm telling you I nearly chit when I saw them. Did you get the ammo too....his prices are the best I've found.

Yes sir ...got the discount as well!

ammo?

can always use ammo

Dans Ammo has it for $44 for 440rd tin

Order online and mention in the comment section AK FORUM and receive a $5 discount on a tin of 440 rds. (Limited time offer according to stock).

that gets it down to $39 a tin

ammo?

can always use ammo

Order online and mention in the comment section AK FORUM and receive a $5 discount on a tin of 440 rds. (Limited time offer according to stock).

Jebus! Thanks...I'm going to assume its Hungarian or something like it?

ammo?

can always use ammo

I think so. It's really nice and shoots pretty darn good groups. I shot the M44 from 100 yards with this ammo way better than my AR-10 with some fine Indian 308 today. Man was that awful :wub: $80 rifle with 10cent ammo beat a $1200 gun with 13 cent ammo:)

ammo?

can always use ammo

I think so. It's really nice and shoots pretty darn good groups. I shot the M44 from 100 yards with this ammo way better than my AR-10 with some fine Indian 308 today. Man was that awful :wub: $80 rifle with 10cent ammo beat a $1200 gun with 13 cent ammo:)

Not to tell you what to do but check out

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=13481

about Indian ammo you might already know about it but if not I'd hate to find out the way they did

That being said it's Hungarian light ball, my carbine preffers the heavy...but at that price it will just have to suffer through it since Dan's is only about an hour and a half from here.

• 3 weeks later...

If you fire it w/ the bayonet extended it will probably change the POI to the center of the target. I've read several places that it is an issue.

Is that one of those scope mounts that replaces the factory rear sight?

Yes I got the entire package from e-bay for around $50. The scope is an Nc Star 2.5 x 30...have to stay cheap...can't exceed the cost of the rifle. It's not bad though. Eye relief is pretty broad and easy to sight. You just drive out the pin and slide the leaf out...set the mount in with a screw...three set screws press against the barrel to secure the mount. I roughed it in and then disassembled and put red loc tite on everything. We'll see how it stay the next time out.